Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

need some help please

Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 AM
need some help please

im not a very good photoshop artist so im throwing this out here....this was made by a local studio we commissioned to do some pictures for my niece

this is one of the originals

and this is the end result

so im wondering how they did the processing...looking at the highlights and midtones they seem to have desaturated the red channel and increased green....but i cant seem to get the same tonal variations in the skin...theirs looks smooth and well defined and 3d attempts have been way less than acceptable LOL.

anyone wanna deconstruct?

yep they added a background too but thats a bit obvious....

they may have done the color movement in curves or they could have applied a green solid color in color mode and then played with opacity...i cant get the color value that is just right.

one thing though is that it doesnt seem to be a global curve move because if i take color samples for midtones on the forehead, then on the white chalk and then on the hair and then play with curves, when i move curves to get the color point on the forehead to mimic the final picture the other points wont be anywhere near the end result....

we could do this the hard way and mask and do localized edits and shifts but i doubt they do that because this studio has to go through tons of edits for this type of picture on a week to week basis so if theyre doing this all manually they must have an army of graphic artists, ive seen their backroom though and they have like logical thing is that this is already an action they run and just tweak.

any ideas? thanks!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching