Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Spring Film Toning

Old 01-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Spring Film Toning

I stumbled across these shots from Camilla Akrans and fell in love with the colors, warmth and simplicity.

However I'm struggling getting the same tone to my shots. I'm looking at this shot in particular.
If anyone could lend a hand in getting me in the right direction.. It would be very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Re: Spring Film Toning

I'm at work now, so I just created a quick action, see attachment. Just go through the layers and see what it does. It will get you really close. On the first black & white layer I turned of the B channel in blending options, to give it a start.

Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMPexample.jpg (67.8 KB, 78 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip (1.1 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm not a pro, but it looks just like a lens filter to me. And I don't think it's a difficult thing to do in Ps. Besides, her clothes, skin, and hair color were specifically set for the shooting, in order to match the lens color. I would say, make a new layer and fill it with pale yellow, set it to soft light, multiply or color which ever suits better, and play with the opacity, of course, you need to carefully choose the colors of the original photo, it will not work on strong dark colors like blue or black. You can also try to duplicate layer and apply a bit of blur, put it between the original and yellow layer. This is just my guess, but it won't hurt to try.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2011, 10:52 AM

I ended up working with a few soft light layers in a pale yellow color and adjusted appropriately. As well as a curves Layer with a few color tweaks and an exposure layer. I think it turned out well: CC welcomed.

I think the setup for the photo-shoot was absolutely critical.. Hair and clothing colors, etc. That had not even occurred to me. I'll have to take that into consideration the next time I take the camera out. So thank you for the suggestions Everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0820 copy2 NAME Small 72.jpg (82.2 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching