RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Wedding or event images needed for e-book

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist

Wedding or event images needed for e-book

Hi all

I hope it's OK to use the forum to ask if there are any event- or wedding photographers out there. I am adding tutorials to the skin section of my book Digital Retouching for Fashion, Beauty and Portrait Photography CS5 and I'm specifically looking for good quality, sharp images to fit the following brief. Here's the intro:

‘Party shine’ is the event photographer’s biggest grief. At parties and weddings there will always be alcohol induced flushing, a sweaty shine caused by excitement, dancing and flash photography. For the bulk of the images, especially where there are large groups of people, you’ll just have to work quickly, but let’s also look at how to deal with key images and close-ups, where you invest a bit of effort.

As a retoucher I don't really get any event or wedding shoots, so if you have any images (with model release/permission) that I can use for this tutorial, I would love to look at them and see if they are suitable. A head & shoulders shot is preferable, especially if you have 2 people together, with slightly different skin tones. If it works out I can offer a free copy of the multimedia e-book and any other of my e-books you may wish to have.

Please contact me on info (at)grygarness.com asap, or within Thursday 20th with one original image jpeg optimised at 10 and no sharpening applied. Model/subject permission must be granted before you contact me, to save confusion or rejection.

To see what the e-book looks like you can download a free preview of the pre-release essentials section. http://www.mediafire.com/file/cegm4x...re-release.pdf

Many thanks!

Gry
Old 01-17-2011, 06:33 AM

Re: Wedding or event images needed for e-book

I just wanted to add that if you download the PDF e-book, which is now a multimedia document with movies and rollovers, pop-ups and all sorts, PLEASE USE ADOBE READER X to read it. NOT Preview or an old Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, these kind of interactive PDFs don't work at all on an iPad because the interactive fields are left blank (fix that please Apple & Adobe).

Tip: If you have problems updating Adobe Reader, just download the new version and trash the old one!

Thanks again - Gry
Old 01-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Would credit be offered?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 AM

Yes I always credit photographers, unless they don't want a credit for some reason.