RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Feedback on Natalia Taffarel's Retouching DVD

Old 02-02-2011, 10:12 AM

Re: Feedback on Natalia Taffarel's Retouching DVD

Thanks for all the advice- I am looking through Guy Gowan and Natalia. Chris Orwig's stuff is very good- watched his portrait retouching videos on Lynda.com.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM

Hello Doug,

This is going to sound odd coming from me, but if your every day work consists mainly on family portraits and you want to stay that way because your work makes you happy, you don't need my DVD.

What I teach is more for the high end / magazine market and even tho you can find a lot of information to apply to family portraits, the workflow won't be time efficient for you.

I'd start with Lynda or Kelby (cheaper and a lot more cost efficient for begginers) try that for 2 months if you still feel there's more to learn, then look into my DVD (or others) but as for now, there are a lot of free and cheap sources to learn from.

Best of luck

Natalia
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-08-2011, 08:13 AM

I can't speak for Doug but for myself, I think it's well worth the effort to learn how to retouch at the highest level one can. I may choose a faster, simpler method for some images but I want to ability to do whatever is necessary. Since I do a relatively small amount of photography / retouching work, I can often afford the time to over-deliver. In truth, I don't want the most efficient workflow, I want the best results.

On the other hand, since I do a small amount of work, the cost of the DVDs becomes an issue.

On a side note, kelby and lynda are great resources but, if you're like me, you'll run out of new stuff to learn pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
This is going to sound odd coming from me, but if your every day work consists mainly on family portraits and you want to stay that way because your work makes you happy, you don't need my DVD.

What I teach is more for the high end / magazine market and even tho you can find a lot of information to apply to family portraits, the workflow won't be time efficient for you.
Natalia
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching