RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Photo retouch my sons picture

Old 01-26-2011, 04:15 PM

Photo retouch my sons picture

I am brand new to this site and I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right forum.
I have been interested in photography since my son was born, more of a hobby for me, but I never really get the chance to learn how to edit the photo.
I have this photo of my son and I think it's a cool picture but it definitely doesn't pop.
I was wondering if anyone would like to play around with it/change the effects and colors.
I'm open to absolutely anything... I simply just want to learn new techniques/ how to make the photograph look more professional.
If you could show the before and after photo's and try your best to explain how you did it that would be great I'll try my best to follow your directions and try to do it myself.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...brown2/cut.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2011, 04:38 PM

Re: Photo retouch my sons picture

you could draw out the lil one by enhancing the colors in the foreground, but its hard to mess with a picture wich is so natural in its beauty. you could go a lil farther and blur the background if you just wanted to "play" but I kinda like this ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lil.jpg (55.5 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 PM

I don't know what you can do with the photo other then sharping and colour correction. You should put it in the Photo-Art section and see what people come up with. Maybe you can come up with some ideas you like.

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cut-cartoon.jpg (97.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg cut-watercolor.jpg (98.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg cut-texture.jpg (97.4 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbrown2 View Post
I am brand new to this site and I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the right forum.
<clip>
If you could show the before and after photo's and try your best to explain how you did it that would be great I'll try my best to follow your directions and try to do it myself.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...brown2/cut.jpg
Nice pictures on your first couple posts!! Good Photography and delightful subjects..

Before we explain the processes... and if you are just getting started with manipulating your photos... It will help if you let us know what photo editing software you are using.. If you are using Windows Paint and we are using Photoshop CS5, Photoshop Elements, Gimp (free), Or Paint Shop Pro... the instructions would not help much

There is an extensive Tutorial section here at RetouchPRO that will cover most of the basics if you are just starting out with enhancing, modifying and retouching your photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeforeAfter_OB.jpg (198.7 KB, 43 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching