RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Need help blending

Old 02-06-2011, 03:16 AM

Question Need help blending

I took a picture of my friend a while ago, but she wasn't smiling. I recently took a really cute picture and she was smiling, but the background was a parking lot. I though I would put the two together to print for her. Problem is I can't find a way to blend the first skin tone to the face of the background layer. How can I do this?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2011, 03:45 AM

Re: Need help blending

The only common way I know is curves for the smiling layer. Lab color space can be more suitable for your case. Read color coordinates (a,b) of background color and try to match them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2011, 03:55 AM

Uploading a sample image will make it easier to give good advice :-).
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2myworld View Post
I took a picture of my friend a while ago, but she wasn't smiling. I recently took a really cute picture and she was smiling, but the background was a parking lot. I though I would put the two together to print for her. Problem is I can't find a way to blend the first skin tone to the face of the background layer. How can I do this?
Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.

It will help if you let us know what photo editing software you are using, what experience, if any, that you have, and what you have already tried to do to improve your photo.

Is her head at the same angle, orientation and on the same plane.. ( to facilitate a cut and paste of the lips, nose, eyes and cheeks.. )

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads? (Click here)

You can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here: Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image on your own site or elsewhere and attach a link (as you did in your other post ), but also please attach an under 100K version here (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Alternative Image Hosts if you do not have your own site are: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) or pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) or photobucket.com (1 Meg max free,... 5 Meg PRO) or mediafire.com (100 Meg per file)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 AM

Hi,

I have Photoshop CS3. I've had it for almost as long as it's been out. I've used it for a variety of different projects, but just messing around. I learn by doing so I would only study a piece of it if I had a real project to try it on, as I am now. I'll upload the original to see if anyone can help remove the glass look from the foreground, and the cut and paste image. I've tried mixing the two and almost got it several times, I thought. The color looked almost identical in the two open windows, but when I pasted it over it was still too light, and too far off to try to work with. I considered, if I could get it close, but maybe not exact that I could just remove saturation and no one would know (if they were the same or close in hue), but I never got that close.

Thanks,
A
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020007 copy1.jpg (56.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg JEEDIT copy.jpg (87.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg JWF.jpg (45.3 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 AM

Okay, the first is the original, which I love except for the glass. The second is one that her mother liked but she didn't. The third, silly looking I know, was my last resort. After trying everything I thought I'd mess around with that for a while.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching