RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo Retouching (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-retouching/)
-   -   What's in your retouching toolbox? (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-retouching/32675-whats-your-retouching-toolbox.html)

Doug Nelson 03-08-2011 11:34 AM

What's in your retouching toolbox?

It's been awhile since I've surveyed the software landscape here, and all my previous attempts were use-agnostic. This time I want to concentrate just on photo retouching.

So, what software do you regularly use for your photo retouching? I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a lot use Photoshop, but even if that's the case I'm interested in plugins and other apps you call on.

Do me a favor and also list version numbers and your general level of usage (hobby, occasional freelance retouching jobs, full-time retoucher, whatever else you think describes your usage). The type of retouching might also be useful. And we might as well throw in OS platform, and any other data you think is relevant.

sid_v 03-08-2011 12:14 PM

Re: What's in your retouching toolbox?

Hi,

I use Photoshop exclusively since version 4 to CS4. I tried plugins when i started out but didn't like any of them. Some were way to cheesy for me. I have designed actions though over the years, to speed up my workflow and get every popular look i wanted to recreate.

I am a professional commercial photographer and also do fashion books. The commercial part covers fashion, beauty, portrait, lifestyle, products, interiors etc. I have been doing my own retouching since the beginning. The actions help me speed up the process and be more consistent.

My actions and workflow are listed here(not free) if you would like to see before/afters:
http://sidvasandani.blogspot.com/p/p...p-actions.html

I am working on videos to show the retouching workflow, which will be up soon.

nebulaoperator 03-10-2011 04:47 AM

Hi everybody,

I am new to retouching but only use CS5 and some actions I made myself. Have not tryed any plug-in yet but I suppose you loose a lot of control when you introduce them to your work flow and gain some speed on the other side.

eraanexact 03-11-2011 04:21 PM

Photoshop CS5
CaptureOne 5 and CaptureOne Pro for processing RAW files.
All Macintosh based.

I'm a full time retoucher, fashion/beauty.

ashphotoart 03-12-2011 06:10 AM

Full Time freelance Beauty/Fashion retoucher.

software : Photoshop CS3

Developed so many actions for frequently use for general and higher end techniques/methods, we discussed here on retouchpro and on MM forum.

I also do portrait and wedding/event retocuhing for low budget work, so I use -
1. My own actions
2. Portraiture 2.1
3. Color Effex Pro 3.1
4. Neat Image 5.8 Pro
5. vertus Fluid Mask 3 (use rarely, masking with channels I use most.)

for photo restoraton
1. FFT filter
2. Neatimage 5.8 Pro

and offcourse lots of uses from Photoshop inbuilt filters.......

Ashish

ashphotoart 03-14-2011 01:50 AM

:) :depressed :) :depressed :)

mushmush 03-15-2011 01:17 PM

Photoshop- CS4 for retouching

Illustrator/Indesign/Acrobat mostly for color management issues

AydensGrace 03-17-2011 10:37 AM

I use Photoshop CS5 32 bit, but 16 bit for processing fashion and beauty photos.

I try to stay away from actions for actual retouching, but Lightroom presets call my name for toning if I want a specific look. All Mac (OSX 10.6.6) based applications.

RichardtKeech 03-31-2011 09:03 AM

I'm brand new here

I'm a photographer/assistant
I do a little retouching as part of my job but I'd consider my skills to be only basic
Predominantly beauty/fashion but also whatever else the photog I'm shooting with shoots

I use Capture One Pro 6.1.1 as capture software and basic colour/contrast/sat/brightness editor as well as outputting to tif or jpg as needed

Anything more complicated than that I use Photoshop CS5

All on OS10.6.7

ryans.daughter 04-27-2011 09:52 AM

I'm new around here too, although I've been lurking for a while. I'm a photographer and do all my own retouching and editing. I use GIMP 2.6 and have recently discovered RawTherapee (latest stable release) which has improved my workflow no-end :)