RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Amy Dresser live today - no discussion ?

Old 03-20-2011, 12:18 AM

Amy Dresser live today - no discussion ?

I watched it and learned a few things. Always do from her.

I logged into the forum expecting a discussion, but didn't find one.

So everyone has her techniques down and there's nothing new from today or ... ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM

Re: Amy Dresser live today - no discussion ?

Yep, it was a good webcast... It was my first... really liked her non technical approach to things, and the bit that I am looking forward to apply on my own work is the use of solid colour layers on colour mode to control tonal changes!

btw, I feel for you, this forum can be quite slow paced when you want a discussion or exchange ideas! but its up to us to make it more lively!

keep it up!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Yes it was interesting that she thought the color changes had the most significant impact on this image. In this case I'd agree.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2011, 02:41 PM

Always something new to learn after all every image is different; I signed up as well. It was a great webinar. What amazes me is how fast she works even though she had kind of prefinished this image before but I also watched the 'Elvira' webinar and she was just as fast from start to finished but very organized with a logical workflow. The 'lightening 'parts of the image in overlay mode was a technique was a new technique to learn for me. I haven't signed up for any of the Andrew Rodney webinars. Anyone have any comments? Easy to follow? etc..
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM

I had signed for Andrews webinar about colour management. He is a smart guy and I have learned a lot from a single seminar though there was a lot to take and I was continuously making marks on my notebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetWannabe View Post
Always something new to learn after all every image is different; I signed up as well. It was a great webinar. What amazes me is how fast she works even though she had kind of prefinished this image before but I also watched the 'Elvira' webinar and she was just as fast from start to finished but very organized with a logical workflow. The 'lightening 'parts of the image in overlay mode was a technique was a new technique to learn for me. I haven't signed up for any of the Andrew Rodney webinars. Anyone have any comments? Easy to follow? etc..
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 PM

talking about Amy's webinar that was really great.I loved the image to bits, painting she was making over on with soft light and the way she did the eyes, the way she decides what to do on image and what not to do. It was artistic retouching and I was hooked from the beginning. Now i want to take a drawing/painting class to get some fundamentals.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Yes her workflow is very deliberate. She's an artist in the truest sense of the word. She has the education and background to approach things as a painter and doesn't let the technical dilute her way of seeing an image. Hence her techniques are less technical and I think that's why people struggle trying to emulate her look. It's also clear that her look evolves.

Rodney is on the other end of the game. Everything he's teaching is technical and you are well served to follow his suggestions to the T. I come from the photo industry where he's been a reference for many years. I haven't seen his webinar here but I'm sure they're worth the time and money. You'll also find him on luminous landscape in the color management and printing sections of the board. Lots of good information there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2011, 06:38 PM

I think the painting classes would benefit one no end, nebulaoperator, like you I am thinking I'd like to take a few classes, but time won't permit.

I will maybe sign up for the A. Rodney webinar if it is offered on a saturday. Technical stuff gives me a headache - I remember it for 15 mins I try it then I forget about it.
I will check him out on luminous landscape, thanks for the tip K.C.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching