Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

assistance locating a tutorial/directions...

Old 03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
assistance locating a tutorial/directions...

Looking for some assistance in trying to locate a tutorial or directions I found online within one of the photo editing sites (including this one.) Maybe once I describe some of the tutorials attributes and the outcome you may remember the same tutorial and know where it is located.

I will explain the best I know how...

The directions guide the photoshop user through steps to create or develop an "even" or uniform image (or photo). For example, if an image has too much highlight or shadows (dark areas) in a specific location the user can take the properties of the "correct" or best area of the image and "transfer" similar specs to the "uneven" part of the image. Below I have listed some items I remember. However, I may be mixing them up with another tutorial I had read.

Here we go...

The user would first identify the area that needs assistance. Keeping that area in mind, they would next locate a "usable area" in which they are satisfied. Once they find the usable area the user would somehow select and copy that area to be used later. I remember something about using a quick mask, gradient tool, levels and being able to transfer the "properties" of the good area to the area in need of assistance. I know I was able to change the lightless and darkness of the area (which was isolated by marching ants) in order to match the good area to my liking, but I am not sure how it was associated with the quick mask and levels.

The goal of the tutorial/directions was to have an "even" or uniform looking image at the end.

I will try to answer any questions, please let me know. Thank You.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching