Re: need some assistance, where to start...
I had written a long-form response to your postings, but for some reason it did not post correctly and I do not have a copy. So I will try my best to recall my questions. Here we go again with an abridged version. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask for clarification.
1) I am now understanding how the magnetic lasso has its limitations and trying my best to work with the pen tool to get closer to the image pixels. It certainly does take some time to get used to and understand how it functions.
I am still a bit off with how to feather correctly along with the edges. Any suggestions or tips?
2) I did come across an issue, which I still do not understand the outcome. During the first couple of attempts when creating a path, I was not able to select it and make a copy. I tried to replicate my steps, but was not able
to figure out where I went wrong (maybe a missed step or added step.) I started from the beginning and was able to work through and create the copy with ease.
3) thanks for creating screen images, sometimes it's a bit easier to follow along with the text and refer to a true image for comparison.
4) when I tried to create a clipping mask, I referenced your screen image of 'create clipping mask,' but my right click properties do not offer me the same options. Maybe my version differs from yours or I missed a step. However I was able to consult the 'help' files and able to find the directions on how to create the clipping mask by hovering inbetween the two layers and clicking alt-click. I understand this too be a short-cut, so do you or anyone know if there is a 'long-form' or regular way of reaching that step?
5) I worked with the linear light, but I my edited version is not as 'washed out' or 'bright' as your screen shot. suggestions?
6) when you are using the dodge on the dark parts of the cake, were you seeing that it removed the "haze?" How much of the dodge tool do you use? I am not sure I was using it correctly, because I found myself removing a lot of material on most of the image to have it color match.
7) in reference to your quote "do the colors stronger on original layer in selective color- add some magenta in red color, cyan in cyan... play a little bit :-))" I guess this a very subjective topic. can you or others recommend where to read up on how to work with these selecitive colors.
8) I see that you had created two additional layers to work on the "plate" - how did you go about working with those two layers?
9) I will soon make my way through the video.
I guess those are enough follow up questions for now, I am sure I will have more questions once I hear back.
Thanks for assistance in helping me work my may through the corrections.
I guess practice makes perfect, I will surely be working on learning the technique with the pen tool. Thanks for the
recommendations on the shortcuts, I can now understand how much less time it would take to work on this, if I could learn these shortcuts.
Thank You for responding to my posting and I hope to continue to learn the functions.
Last edited by capburl; 04-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|assistance locating a tutorial/directions...||capburl||Photo Retouching||0||03-26-2011 12:35 PM|
|From where to start?||angelrose||Work/Jobs||3||03-07-2011 09:19 AM|
|I'm retouchin pics for model and idk were 2 start||zahdabaddest201||Photo Retouching||11||03-05-2011 07:28 PM|
|Where to Start?||II SiNiXteR II||Photo Retouching||13||02-04-2011 06:19 PM|
|Where do I start.....||delene||Photo Retouching||16||01-02-2011 09:53 AM|