RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Cut out and eye fixing

Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 PM

Cut out and eye fixing

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I'm looking for the best way to cut the girl on the far right out of the photo (leaving the three with their eyes open) and also the best way to fix the freaky glowing eyes happening. I've made some attempts but none of them are turning out very well. Any advice would be much appriciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198029_1881259720848_1521961922_2005970_3792808_n.jpg (66.9 KB, 78 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Re: Cut out and eye fixing

I darkened the white area of the eyes and cloned eyes from the open ones to the girl with the closed eyes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198029_1881259720848_1521961922_2005970_3792808_n.jpg (32.1 KB, 60 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Patron

Crumbs, welcome to RetouchPro. My appraoch would be to crop the image around the other 3 people, which will leave you with the hand of the 4th lady. There is a lot of couch and background to permit you to clone, heal, or Content Aware fill, over that hand. For the eyes, just paste some good pupils over those blown out ones.
Regards, Murray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crumbs MM.jpg (147.3 KB, 48 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbs View Post
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I'm looking for the best way to cut the girl on the far right out of the photo (leaving the three with their eyes open) and also the best way to fix the freaky glowing eyes happening. I've made some attempts but none of them are turning out very well. Any advice would be much appriciated.
Copy, flipped and moved the picture left side of the couch over to picture right and used the clone tool to cover any of the female that was still visible; selective color/white, moved the black slider to far right and applied via the mask to darken the flash highlights in their eyes; color cast corrections with average blur and curves 'by the numbers'; sharpened and applied a dark vignette to highlight the subjects.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crumbs.jpg (98.5 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2011, 03:44 PM

One more

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198029_1881259720848_1521961922_2005970_3792808_n[1].jpg (91.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Daviskw; 04-07-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Patron

Crumbs, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.

Quote:
I've made some attempts but none of them are turning out very well. Any advice would be much appreciated.
It would probably help us a lot to know what Photo manipulation Software you have available to you..

Quote:
I'm looking for the best way to cut the girl on the far right out of the photo (leaving the three with their eyes open).
Copy Background
select left hand side of couch copy to new layer ( Ctrl+J ),... Free Transform, Flip Horizontal, move over 3rd girl,.. resize to fill the area between the 3rd and far right girl that will dissapear,... Levels (Ctrl+L), adjust to match couch,... make a Layer mask... paint with black to reveal girls hair and shoulder...clean up mistakes by painting with white or black and adjusting size and hardness of brush...
straighten Image by using Measure tool then 'Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitrary>OK

Crop for better composition

Quote:
also the best way to fix the freaky glowing eyes happening.
I copied, pasted, Free Transformed (Re-sized) the Irises from the attached eye pictures, and masked to blend in
On the picture showing all four I used the finished eyes from the third girl.. copied, pasted, Free Transformed to fit and masked to blend in

Did some other quick color corrections using masks to refine the images a bit more (Might have gone a bit overboard with this aspect... but was just playing around! )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (183.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (197.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg iris.jpg (102.6 KB, 24 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching