Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Split Frequency for Sharpening?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Re: Split Frequency for Sharpening?

Originally Posted by Tony W View Post
With digital acquisition I believe we do need sharpening due to the losses incurred during capture either through scanning or the camera. The quality of the lens has IMO very little to do with it as even with the highest quality lens there will be some losses for various reasons and therefore you will not be able to maintain the level of sharpness found in the original scene and consequently you will not be seeing the benefits of a good sharp lens or getting the best out of a mediocre lens

The sharpening may indeed be subtle but nevertheless usually required.

Sharpening for print or web are a different matter and each to his own preferences and tools
i should Have noted Selective area sharpening is the best way for me to sharpen. eyes, hairs around the face, lips.
as for high lens quality - it sure helps a lot. a lot of work i don't need to do.
for me its easier to use PhotoZoom sharpening for landscape. if the wind didn't work out in my favor i use a Micro Detail sharpening. then PhotoZoom.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching