Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

guide for interior retouching.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 AM
guide for interior retouching.

hi! is there a guide here for interior retouching? im looking to retouch a friends portfolio on his interior design business.

if theres none i would LOVE to have some advises.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Re: guide for interior retouching.

I do a bit of interior commercial and residential retouching. First, if it is not photographed well you are in for a lot of work. Meaning lit well, not just relying on an HDR technique. Some like the windows showing the outside to be fully exposed, some like them to be a bit "blown out" so that the viewers eye is not take outside------you are showing the interior after all. I like to use D&B, Color Dodge and Color Burn to accent hightlights color and perk up the image. I try to take color casts out. Whites can get contaminated by reflecting color. In a restaurant, the table cloths should be white and not some beige contamination from the walls etc. Have the photographer make exposures for lights, windows, extreme high lights, shadows and by using layer masks edit them in. Watch for chromatic aberration. Reduce it in Camera RAW, Lightroom or several CA reducing techniques. Keep in mind straight verticals and horizontals. Some people do not like to have exit signs, excessive wall electrical outlets in the image. Put something colorful (flowers, vase) in the back of the image (if its a kitchen or living room) the eye tends to search for color and look deeper into the image. Learn how to remove or reduce reflections in Chrome or stainless steel appliances.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching