RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

is it possible to hdr with humans i the image..

Old 06-18-2011, 07:11 AM

Re: is it possible to hdr with humans i the image.

ok bonneappetit - i think i got it - found a youtube movie on FS - very nice techniques - much more manual control compared to what i use - imagenomics skin plugin
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2011, 09:37 AM

hmmm i just tryied out that FS with image apply on a portrait when apply a surfaceblur filter on the lowfrequency on which ive allready applied gaussian at 15 (16 bit image) it just rearranges the contrast in the face - it doesnt smoothen because of the linear light layer (high frequency layer above) - i dont get it ! - please explain...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2011, 10:05 AM

Blurring the low frequency layer is not supposed to smooth out all the details, but rather smooth out larger contours without blurring the high frequency details.

If the smoothing is too little for you, try using a lower initial separation radius or a larger amount of blur on the low frequency layer.
Though I would rather not overdo it (which is pretty easy), because it'll look real fake and blurry (especially if seen from a distance).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaxxxxxx View Post
ok - very helpfull guys - ill have a look on the new photomatix beta - very interesting feature there i think.. and to bonneappetit: those images i like bacause it is clearly overdone - more artistic! still havent figured out .. did you only use fs with contrast layer to sharpen on the black woman? - and maybe i am a very very very very slow learner, what do FS besides giving some layers to clone and heal on without affecting texture and tone. I had a look on natlias aplying candy lips - for me totaly useless movie (sorry) - read chains tut ..hmm

Lunax: May i ask you, what is your main language? If you talk Spanish there is a very good tutorial made by Omar Josef (Flexmanta) where you can see the process in depth.

The above written posts are various ways on how to use split frequencies, or frequency separation... As I wrote before, that is just "one step in the process of retouching". On the black model retouch, I used D&B, healing tool, liquify, "split frequencies" color adjustment, color correction, levels, curves, maybe Black & White layer in Luminosity mode, and then again "split frequencies for the final touch (sharpening). I understand if you didn't like Natalia's tutorial, that's ok, but you can still learn from it on "the use of the technique", on the other hand I'm sure that on her DVD she explains how the technique is used... I don't have the DVD but I think it has a part where she shows how to retouch hair using split frequencies. Again, this technique is used along with other tools. Pro retouchers use it with D&B, sharpening, add texture etc. The bottom line is this: The technique and tools are there you use them as you like...

Last edited by Boneappetit; 06-18-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2011, 12:27 PM

thanks Der W and boneappetit. Im from sweden . To Der w - ok i get it and to boneappetit - ok i get it . To day you helped me very much in uderstanding the FS thing- t. boneappetit: then i better understand the hole picture of your retouch on the black woman! - first got the impression that FS was a wonder shortcut in pS . But now its there and i will give a shot from time to time. Yes Natalia explains only how to use healing brush and not to blur or sharpen as i recall. thanks guys
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching