RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Stanislav Petera DVD

Old 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM

Re: Stanislav Petera DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Thanks creativeretouch!That`s strange that the page doesn`t exist. After i clicked on "registration" on top right at the main page and filled out the adress,name etc,this message comes up.
Maybe the site is just "ghost town".
Or maybe they get most their market on the local market and never realize they had an error on their site

Maybe he doesn't speak English and that's why don't get an answer to your emails? Either way it's a bit uncool to open yourself to an international target without the means to support it, yet all of this has little to do with the quality of the DVD itself. If you like their PP style, just ask people that have seen it like Der_W over here
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2011, 11:30 AM

You mean this one here: http://www.lightgarden.cz/data/share...jpg/dFull.jpg?

This was the second DVD, I'll just rewatch and tell you some of the process (I can't upload the PSD files as I don't have the rights to do so unfortunately) :-).

So here's what I got:

The sky in the image was replaced with another (darker) RAW conversion.
Now he painted some lights and shadows into the image using dodge & burn.
Then he duplicated the image, changed the mode to CMYK and copied the yellow channel into the blue channel of his original image.
Now he picked the yellow channel from the CMYK duplicate of the image and blended it in "Multiply" mode to the original.
Next the cyan channel in "Soft Light" mode was used for the contrast effect.

This makes the main part of his dark look.
It's recommended to play around with blending channels to see which effect you like the most :-).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2011, 12:26 PM

thanks Der_W for the steps. I have couple of question:
So have a duplicate of the same picture, like in seperate windows. One version in cmyk and one in RGB(original)?

Do you copy the the yellow channel from the cmyk picture and paste it directly in the blue channel of the RGB version of the picture?
Do you copy the yellow again,this time on to an empty layer in the RGB mode picure and blend multiply after you have copied it and paste it once over the blue channel in the RGB version of the picture?
Do you copy the cyan to an empty layer set to soft light in the RGB version(original)?
Hope you can help
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 PM

All true :-).

For the first one, create a stamp of the visible layer ([Ctrl]/[Cmd]+[Shift]+[Alt]+[E]) and copy the yellow layer in the blue channel of this layer, for the second and third, yes, exactly like you said :-)!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Ok thank you, Der W, The only problem left is; when i copy the yellow channel directly over the blue channel, portraits get this blue cast, any idea what how to avoid that?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-26-2011, 04:48 PM

The blue cast is intended.
Just drop the opacity down to like 30% or so, this should leave you with a minimal cast.

I just added it because I think it's part of the "groomy" look.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM

Great thanks for the help
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2011, 11:26 PM

der_w ; do you have the other recommend dvd about post production ? i am searching, but it`s so hard to find the good one
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-30-2011, 04:23 AM

Hi pelez,

you mean the Photo Post-production Masterclass #1: Retouching?
Yes, I have it.
As I've said earlier, I'd rather recommend reading through forums than buying this DVD. At least for me there was nothing new on it and some of the techniques used are pretty bad/nowadays outdated, like the Chapter 2: Basic retouching and high pass filter.

I'd recommend Natalia's (Godmother's) DVD if you have the money and want to go mainly into beauty retouching (level is pretty advanced, no great explanations of all the tools are given): https://www.digitalphotoshopretouchi...utorials-dvd-2 (there are some great reviews on the website)
Or Gry's which costs a little less and covers more areas, due to this not so much in detail as Natalia's though (level is beginner to advanced. There are two DVDs, one which explains the tools and basics, one which puts them all to work): http://grygarness.com/dvds/beauty-retouching-dvd.htm
If the DVD is too much for you still, you can also go by her E-Books which are really good and even have some little movies inbound (level is the same as her DVD): http://grygarness.com/books/9780955830365.htm
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Der_W: How do you copy the yellow channel into the blue channel? When I copy the yellow channel and then click on blue channel and pres CTRL+V nothing happens...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching