RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:11 PM
nebulaoperator's Avatar
nebulaoperator nebulaoperator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

Hello everybody,

Recently Iv'e received a letter from photographer which wrote following:

<I work on a TF basis with agency models only so the images will be very good images.
Would you be able to retouch for me on a regular basis? >

I am not familiar with abbreviations like this one and find difficult to fit it into a context . What does that mean?
Thanks Neb
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:16 PM
amica999's Avatar
amica999 amica999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Capital Village of Germany aka Berlin
Posts: 1,716
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

From the MM FAQ: What does TFP mean? TFCD? TF*?
TFP means "time for prints". It's an arrangement where everyone contributes their time and skills to produce photos, but without monetary compensation. TFCD means "time for CD of images" and so on
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
nebulaoperator's Avatar
nebulaoperator nebulaoperator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Re: Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amica999 View Post
From the MM FAQ: What does TFP mean? TFCD? TF*?
TFP means "time for prints". It's an arrangement where everyone contributes their time and skills to produce photos, but without monetary compensation. TFCD means "time for CD of images" and so on
Thank you,
right, ...to retouch for free on the the regular basis is it smile just on my face?
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM
eraanexact eraanexact is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 195
Re: Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

It means a non-paying trade. The photographer isn't paying the models, but in exchange for their time they'll be compensated with free photos for their modeling portfolio.
So in turn, you won't be paid for your retouching work, but you'll be able to use whatever you and the photographer collaborate on in your portfolio.

Here's some unsolicited advice: I would ask to see a low-resolution preview of the images first to make sure it's something you want in your portfolio in the first place. If it is, then cool, and if you and the photographer have a good working relationship, then perhaps he or she will send you paying work in the future.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
amica999's Avatar
amica999 amica999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Capital Village of Germany aka Berlin
Posts: 1,716
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulaoperator View Post
Thank you,
right, ...to retouch for free on the the regular basis is it smile just on my face?
hehe, no, I had a smile too, BUT: he said he's working on TF with the modells, I didn't see that this would be an requirement for retouching....just ask
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM
nebulaoperator's Avatar
nebulaoperator nebulaoperator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 390
Re: Can you explain me ,,FT basis,,?

The whole letter looks a bit odd to me:

like: <I really love your work, it's difficult to find someone who can retouch as tastefully as you do>
That sounds a bit over the top to me. But I will take your advice and take a look at the low res images.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraanexact View Post
It means a non-paying trade. The photographer isn't paying the models, but in exchange for their time they'll be compensated with free photos for their modeling portfolio.
So in turn, you won't be paid for your retouching work, but you'll be able to use whatever you and the photographer collaborate on in your portfolio.

Here's some unsolicited advice: I would ask to see a low-resolution preview of the images first to make sure it's something you want in your portfolio in the first place. If it is, then cool, and if you and the photographer have a good working relationship, then perhaps he or she will send you paying work in the future.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-destructive retouching: please explain? willow_wisp Photo Retouching 5 02-09-2010 04:29 PM
Ok to call people out to explain workflow? cyberphonics Photo Retouching 12 12-13-2009 03:41 PM
Explain the Technique Ladybird079 Photo Compositing 0 10-12-2008 01:38 PM
How to ... Hard to explain (has to do with actions - CS2) missysue2000 Photoshop Help 12 08-09-2007 02:26 PM
Can anyone explain please Balky Image Help 5 05-13-2002 04:31 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved