RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Is there such a thing as FAST HIGH END RETOUCHING?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:01 AM

Re: Is there such a thing as FAST HIGH END RETOUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraiseap View Post
I do a lot of model portfolio work and editing 10 shots from one shoot is my norm. I spend about 40-50 mins per image.
Quote:
However I get very positive comments from professional models who need images suitable for printing at 10x12.

Oh yeah, for a model portfolio that isn't going into a magazine or isn't a beauty/makeup/high fashion thing that seems more than totally reasonable!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Clone on low opacity and lighten mode to lift shadows under eyes and to clean up blood vessels in eyes.

Adam
That's the only part I'd change. The rest sounds like an excellent workflow for such jobs. I know it's not printing that large and your way is probably faster, but if the eye bags aren't complex I can dodge them out just a bit and shape the lower eyelid shadows shadows nicely without overdoing it within a couple minutes (literally) and it will look much better than people might expect for such a low time investment. The key is accuracy and being able to read the brush settings you'll need. It saves a lot of time if you can kind of plan out your strokes to what will yield the desired effect rather than fiddling with it endlessly. Low opacity cloning is an area where you really need to be careful or it can start to look fake.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
That's the only part I'd change. The rest sounds like an excellent workflow for such jobs. I know it's not printing that large and your way is probably faster, but if the eye bags aren't complex I can dodge them out just a bit and shape the lower eyelid shadows shadows nicely without overdoing it within a couple minutes (literally) and it will look much better than people might expect for such a low time investment. The key is accuracy and being able to read the brush settings you'll need. It saves a lot of time if you can kind of plan out your strokes to what will yield the desired effect rather than fiddling with it endlessly. Low opacity cloning is an area where you really need to be careful or it can start to look fake.
Interesting comment, I must compare dodging with low opacity cloning on lighten mode as two methods of lifting dark shadows under the eyes. These dark shadows seem to be the one thing models hate to have in their images. Of course the skin texture is maintained if lighten mode is used but, as the models tend to have good skin and the makeup is well applied I guess dodging would work fine and may give a superior effect.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching