RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Smoothing Dry Skin?

Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 PM

Smoothing Dry Skin?

Hi everybody,

I did a search previous but couldn't find any specific threads that could help me. I'm retouching an image and the model has really dry, scaly skin on her back which is quite obvious and I'm not sure on how to smooth it out. As of stage one, I've split the image into the high/low frequencies, did some healing brush on the HF layer and a slight surface blur to the LQ. Eventually I'll do some dodge and burn but didn't know how to attack this part! What's the best way to get rid of those white spots as well as the darker skin mottling?

Any help would be appreciated! thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Back_Dryskin_stage1.jpg (99.2 KB, 124 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Re: Smoothing Dry Skin?

I just had a model retouch with patches of different color skin on the shoulders and back. After trying several ways to attack the problem...I was pleased to find that the ole "Patch Tool" did a great job of harmonizing the skin colors and adding some texture back in too. It was easy enough to do...and in my case it solved the visual problem for me. Im sure there are other ways too.

Best of luck!

Ray12
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2011, 11:46 PM

I used Filer/Noise/Dust & Scratches with settings of R=3 and T=0 and hit OK, checked the box to the left of this state in the history panel, clicked on the state above D&S in the history panel so that the original (pre- D&S)is now visible again, selected the history brush in Darken mode and painted over the light spots. The blotches and tones were evened out as per Ray12's approach.

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Linwe.jpg (95.7 KB, 41 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2011, 01:01 AM

Wow! thanks guys for the suggestions, I'll definately give these techniques a go ~ the image is done now for a tight deadline but we've got a series of photos from the same model so no doubt i'll come across the same skin again. Cheers!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching