Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Keyboard shortcut & stack mode questions:

Old 11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Keyboard shortcut & stack mode questions:

OK, first off, this one is probably just plain stupid, but I cannot find the blend mode shortcuts in the keyboard shortcut panel. I would think they would be under layers, but I can't seem to find them there. In any case, I know what all the blend mode shortcuts are and want to leave them as-is, with the exception of the 'lighter color' and 'darker color' blend modes. Does anyone know what these shortcuts are or where I can find them?

Second, while I was looking around in there, I saw these interesting smart object 'stack mode' functions. Obviously, this is a bit over my head, but does anyone know what these are used for? I'm currently researching online information and finding some videos and such, but are any of you using these in any way? It seems like the Median is very useful for removing objects from one photo in a stack... interesting stuff to think about... what could I use this for? I feel like this is something video people are using more. I had no idea these modes were there.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Re: Keyboard shortcut & stack mode questions:

I don't see 'lighter color' or 'darker color' listed here: Photoshop CS5 Shortcut Keys

For those interested In earlier versions of Photoshop Shortcut Keys 'Trevor Morris Photographics' has provided a listing of all the keyboard shortcuts for the following... Adobe Photoshop CS4, Adobe Photoshop CS3, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Adobe Photoshop CS, Adobe Photoshop 7, Adobe Photoshop 6, Adobe Photoshop 5, Adobe Bridge & Adobe Camera Raw
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Re: Keyboard shortcut & stack mode questions:

Unfortunately to my knowledge the shortcuts for the blend modes can't be changed. And there are none for Lighter/Darker Color.

The stack modes are really more for video editors and scientific work from what I've read so far.
One quite useful technique apart from removing tourists with median however is to stack multiple separate photographs on top of each other, make a smart object of them and chose the stacking order to "Mean". This will improve the SNR in your images because noise is random and will therefore be averaged out.
(This is the fast version of this tutorial here: the math is still the same)
However so far I haven't found anything useful related to the other stack modes.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching