Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Cropping without losing quality

Old 02-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Question Cropping without losing quality

I have been trying to crop a photo of mine and make the cream colour of the underneath cardigan black (the same colour as the top) However when I try to crop it, the image becomes very blurry and less quality. I am using photobucket editor and don't have access to photoshop. Can anyone help or recommend any other programmes to make these changes without losing quality?

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Re: Cropping without losing quality

Did you check the zoom level of the cropped image?
The image size is quite small already, after a crop it become even smaller, so it can be that your photobucket editor just zoom in till it fit to screen?! Perhaps you made some settings which didn't crop but scale your image or blur the cropped part on purpose?

I didn't know this program, but i doubt that cropping will blur images on default settings... crop is one of the features every editor has to be capable of.

Whatever, if it has to be free, gimp is the photoshop "alternative" you're looking for.
It isn't nearly as powerful as Photoshop, but the closest and most popular freeware
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching