RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Add point to curve in Photoshop CS6?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:59 AM

Re: Add point to curve in Photoshop CS6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpat13 View Post
With the "Auto Select.." option still checked did you try it holding "Option/Alt" instead of "Command"? You should just be to left click with no modifier key (an no dragging) to place a point in the curve.
Hi

i really don't understand you , i mean the function of holding "option/alt"
i use w7 64bit
with "auto select.." with holding "option/alt" there is no differences

i mean i tried to hold the alt key with auto select.. but it doesn't add a different behavior

Am i right? or i'm missing something
i miss the ctrl + click tooo

thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2013, 12:38 PM

The story of Curves in Photoshop

They really messed up a lot of what made the old Photoshop Curves interface excellent.

Someone (some newbie who should have never got the job at all like O'Neill Hughes) decided that Curves were far too advanced a tool for most people. So they tried to dumb it down as much as possible. Unfortunately this screwed with things for the serious user.

The old modal Curves dialog was generally speaking better, easily manipulable and easy to drag around. You'd Command click to add points, switch channels with 1, 2 and 3, and toggle between the points using Control tab with your left hand. With your right, you'd use the arrow keys to nudge the points. A few simple and very intuitive shortcuts and you were there, with a much more fluid and flexible way of working than is easily available to most users now.

Now you have to install a script to get the modal dialog to pop up at all, and some of the shortcuts are changed completely into stupid places.

They even introduced standard "auto-curves", taking all the creativity and judgment out of it. Luckily those of us that learned the skills properly back in the day ... blah blah blah
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-22-2015, 06:25 PM

Re: The story of Curves in Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
They really messed up a lot of what made the old Photoshop Curves interface excellent.

Someone (some newbie who should have never got the job at all like O'Neill Hughes) decided that Curves were far too advanced a tool for most people. So they tried to dumb it down as much as possible. Unfortunately this screwed with things for the serious user.

The old modal Curves dialog was generally speaking better, easily manipulable and easy to drag around. You'd Command click to add points, switch channels with 1, 2 and 3, and toggle between the points using Control tab with your left hand. With your right, you'd use the arrow keys to nudge the points. A few simple and very intuitive shortcuts and you were there, with a much more fluid and flexible way of working than is easily available to most users now.

Now you have to install a script to get the modal dialog to pop up at all, and some of the shortcuts are changed completely into stupid places.

They even introduced standard "auto-curves", taking all the creativity and judgment out of it. Luckily those of us that learned the skills properly back in the day ... blah blah blah
I'll be sure to take him off my x-mas list. I have an action from PS CS3 that lets me use ALL the old shortcuts, but once I close that curve it resorts back to the 'new' way that everyone dislikes.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching