RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Been retouching for a month now.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-24-2012, 10:59 PM
SDedits SDedits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Been retouching for a month now.

Hey guys, I just signed up. I've recently stumbled upon this forum a couple times, decided to finally sign up. So I'm not sure what the rules are as far as posting images goes. Such as all images I link/post here have to be my own or what is allowed etc etc.

But with that being said, here's some recent retouches I've done, if anyone could give me some feedback or criticism or anything, let me know, even if I'm terrible I still want to hear it. I want to learn more about retouching and stuff. I've only been into retouching for about a month now. Thanks in advanced everyone.

Original
http://i47.tinypic.com/34jawxw.jpg

Edit
http://i49.tinypic.com/2i2bdb6.jpg

Original
http://i46.tinypic.com/34e6m0x.jpg

Edit
http://i47.tinypic.com/95ot95.jpg


Original
http://i50.tinypic.com/vra6w8.jpg

Edit
http://i45.tinypic.com/xni15j.jpg
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 PM
equinephotos equinephotos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Very nice work. Not to overdone.
Keith
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM
SDedits SDedits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinephotos View Post
Very nice work. Not to overdone.
Keith
Thanks. I just did this one today. How does it look?
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6236/sidebysidev.jpg
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 PM
equinephotos equinephotos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Again, very nice. My only thought is you took away all her birth marks, maybe a little "too clean". Just an observation.
Keep up the great work and charge top dollar.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:26 AM
SDedits SDedits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinephotos View Post
Again, very nice. My only thought is you took away all her birth marks, maybe a little "too clean". Just an observation.
Keep up the great work and charge top dollar.
Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm still trying to learn this stuff. Now when you said I took away all her birth marks, how do you know what birth marks to leave, and to clean? Is there a way you come to the choice of choosing which to leave and get rid of?

I probably need to get more practice, but I kind of want to dip into some freelance work, but I'm not sure how well I do for that big step. Thanks again for feedback.
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM
equinephotos equinephotos is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Talk to her and find out what is important. Women (not models) want to look beautiful as they are. I want to minimize-not eliminate those things that make them who they are. This has been my experience.
They are beautiful. Showing this through our photography is what we do.
Communicating with our subjects, customers, clients etc has been key in my small business.
They like and or feel good about you and your personality and the way you work, there is a great chance they'll love your work.
Keep up the great work.
Keith
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 07-27-2012, 12:40 PM
SDedits SDedits is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinephotos View Post
Talk to her and find out what is important. Women (not models) want to look beautiful as they are. I want to minimize-not eliminate those things that make them who they are. This has been my experience.
They are beautiful. Showing this through our photography is what we do.
Communicating with our subjects, customers, clients etc has been key in my small business.
They like and or feel good about you and your personality and the way you work, there is a great chance they'll love your work.
Keep up the great work.
Keith
Awesome, thanks for the words of advice!
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 AM
jonnyseymour jonnyseymour is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

In close up shots you shouldn't ever blur the skin as I have seen you do. You need to work up these images whilst retaining the skin pores, otherwise it looks retouched. The idea of a retoucher on beauty shots is to be invisible.

www.seymourin3d.com
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 AM
ttheli ttheli is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Posts: 4
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

They look overprocessed. Forget gausian/surface or any other blur for smoothing skin. Learn about micro/global dodging&burning, frequency separation - check youtube and look for high-end beauty retouching tutorials. If you want to take retouching seriously invest in tutorial DVDs - one of the best retouchers in the world, Natalia Taffarel, released hers a few years back and it's one of the best high-end retouching tutorials on the market.

Practise, practise, practise - that's the best way to learn this trade.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 09-03-2012, 10:11 AM
wasco55 wasco55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Re: Been retouching for a month now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttheli View Post
They look overprocessed. Forget gausian/surface or any other blur for smoothing skin. Learn about micro/global dodging&burning, frequency separation - check youtube and look for high-end beauty retouching tutorials. If you want to take retouching seriously invest in tutorial DVDs - one of the best retouchers in the world, Natalia Taffarel, released hers a few years back and it's one of the best high-end retouching tutorials on the market.

Practise, practise, practise - that's the best way to learn this trade.

Good luck!
I can agree with you to some extent. The methods Natalia Taffarel use works well if you work with images of models that have been photographed in a professional setting with proper lighting, and a good makeup.
But you face quite different challenges if the model has skin blemishes and other imperfections
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elite Retouching - Pro Retouching Services eliteretouching Classifieds 0 08-18-2011 09:45 PM
NYC High End retouching Workshop JSFphoto Events 2 06-16-2011 09:47 AM
Photo Retouching and Restoration Services colorexperts Classifieds 0 03-25-2011 08:38 AM
Offering retouching workshops for newcomers etc. Delicate_Media Classifieds 0 01-25-2011 10:24 AM
Photo Retouching Service offer with low cost shumicpi Classifieds 0 12-22-2010 11:23 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved