RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How can I achieved the color of the skin

Old 07-25-2012, 07:21 AM

How can I achieved the color of the skin

Hi guys,

Im trying to do something like this, the color of the skin and the cyan-ish highlights. any thoughts how to do this? been trying four hours already, cant figure it out :|

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Klein_VogueJapan_September2012_1.jpg (98.2 KB, 136 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM

Re: How can I achieved the color of the skin

Hi! This can be done in numerous ways. Here's a couple of suggestions. First of all it's not the highlights but the shadows that are cyanish as far as I can see, that cyanish on camera right of here face could be sort of rim light of course but the nose shadow I think not. So you need to put that cyanish in the shadows and that pinkish in the highlights or at least the midtones an threequartertones, I still see something that appears to ne white highlight although I have not measured it.

Make a colorfill adjustment layer set to color or hue mode
Fill whith the pinkish color
Double click your colorfill layer to get the layer efex panel
Use the blend if sliders. Move the the white slider a little bit to the right to get the white highlights. Then move the black left but keep on the right side of the center. Now you can alt click the sliders to split them and get smoother transitions.
Now make a cyanish colorfill layer and do just about the opposite to it with the blend if sliders.

I guess something similar could be done with a gradient map adj layer.

Nik color efex also has some filters for split toning. The color contrast probably a good option

Then there is split toning in camera raw but there you won't have the same amount of control

Hope this helps
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2012, 02:52 AM

Thumbs up Re: How can I achieved the color of the skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossmisconduct View Post
Hi! This can be done in numerous ways. Here's a couple of suggestions. First of all it's not the highlights but the shadows that are cyanish as far as I can see, that cyanish on camera right of here face could be sort of rim light of course but the nose shadow I think not. So you need to put that cyanish in the shadows and that pinkish in the highlights or at least the midtones an threequartertones, I still see something that appears to ne white highlight although I have not measured it.

Make a colorfill adjustment layer set to color or hue mode
Fill whith the pinkish color
Double click your colorfill layer to get the layer efex panel
Use the blend if sliders. Move the the white slider a little bit to the right to get the white highlights. Then move the black left but keep on the right side of the center. Now you can alt click the sliders to split them and get smoother transitions.
Now make a cyanish colorfill layer and do just about the opposite to it with the blend if sliders.

I guess something similar could be done with a gradient map adj layer.

Nik color efex also has some filters for split toning. The color contrast probably a good option

Then there is split toning in camera raw but there you won't have the same amount of control

Hope this helps
Thank you! will try now.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching