Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Shadow removing task?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Shadow removing task?

Hi guys wondering if anyone can remove any of the shadows on her face? really realllyyy appreciated!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 224671_4300563319888_291726775_n.jpg (49.2 KB, 110 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Re: Shadow removing task?

Mfriend, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, ask questions, have fun!

Chillin and Gary offered some sound solutions to your shadow removal problems in your previous post ( Shadow removing task anyone? )... now it is your turn to put these lessons learned to use..

Craig said it best in the 'Restoration Forum' "Do's and Don'ts for the Restoration Forum"

"Do attempt to work on the image yourself. We are a peer to peer site. That means we help those who are also trying to learn. We are not a freeloader site. I don't really enforce this. I leave it up to the individuals doing the work whether they wish to work on something or not (like i could do anything but ). What I mean is, I don't remove a piece when I feel the person posting is just looking for a freebie. I leave it for others to decide if they wish to practice on that image or not. But we are a peer to peer site, so let's keep the freeloading to a minimum, please. I mean come on, at least pretend you're trying to do the work yourself!"

FAQ: Will you do my restoration/retouch/repair for me?
No. This is a site for learning, and we will gladly help you learn to do it yourself. We have a "Image Help" forum just for that purpose. Click on "Forums" on the navbar to get there. There is also a "Classifieds" forum if you're willing to pay one of our members to work on your photo.

There are free tools online like Photoshop Express (where you can Edit your photos online)
OR... picmonkey dot com among a lot of others found on the www

That said... this would be my version of shadow lightening After cropping..
(Give it a couple seconds to change)
Attached Images
File Type: gif OB-Version.gif (187.6 KB, 85 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Exclamation shadow removing task??

im desperate!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Re: Shadow removing task?

Removing the shadows from her face is doable, but not without changing the entire image. The information in the highlights is gone. You'd have to reconstruct her hair and completely carve her facial features back in manually after correcting skin colouration and detailing.

It's a fun sunny shot. I don't see why you'd want to take it in the direction you are. Clean up the shadows from her eye lashes, sort the hair out across her face and her mane, soften the shadow under the eyes and on the brow. Alittle evening of the skin and reduction of the red and it would look nice. Actually I quite like the shadow of the eye lashes.

Just to note, this is the second time you've done this i.e. post an image with bad lighting and get the community to fix it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching