Re: How to align backgrounds
1. Use Bridge, select all photos to be aligned, then use Tools/Photoshop/Load Files as Layers.
2. In the Layers pallet, select all the layers (click on the top, shift click on the bottom).
3. Edit/Auto Align Layers. The "auto" option is probably best.
4. The auto align will leave some blank space around several layers. Crop these edges off.
5. File/Scripts/Export Layers to Files. That dialogue lets you set the destination and file naming.
Those exported files will be aligned as well as possible. Note: they will not retain the EXIF of the original files.
For guides, there is no way to "save" a guide setting, but you can easily record an action to set the guides. A tip for that, before recording the action, go to Edit/Preferences/Units&Rulers and set the Rulers to Percent. That way, the action will record the guide as a percent so it will be close to the same position regardless of image size. If you leave the Rulers Units at anything else, the guide will show up in different locations based on image size.