RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Wedding work

Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Wedding work

Hi everyone,

I have the chance to pick up some work from a wedding photographer and I was wondering if you could recommend any sites or sets of filters etc where I can learn to produce the actions & effects myself or where I can get a set of filters / actions that will do it for me and if thesres any sites in particular where I can view wedding images with a selection of effects so that I can get some ideas at the very least.

These effects for the final prints that seem to be in vogue with wedding prints.

Obviously I will not be doing altering every image but a select few that will work with certain effects / styles and that will enhance the overall image.

many thanks for all your help in this matter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 AM

Re: Wedding work

It sound like you are new to wedding photography. Don't spend your time thinking about filters...think about the wedding....the "key" shots you must get...think about your gear...what lens/settings you will use during each moment. Think about the details of the wedding. Find out from the bride the key shots she would like. It is about capturing the moments of the wedding...not the filters!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM

One last point...wedding photographers are often chosen based on their style...some photographers present shots that are toward the yellow washed out side, some with vibrate color, some with black and white, etc...thus you better discuss with your customer and show them your work...they may not like the filters effect!! and it can be overdone....remember...your job is to capture the moments of the day...even if it is with a point and shoot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Hi! I think the OP is going to retouch a photographers images and not shoot a wedding.
With this in mind I know Kevin Kubota has some action sets in that category that may be worth checking out. He knows how to charge though. Other than that I havent checked much into that field.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:03 AM

Yes I am going to be doing the retouching work rather than taking the actual images as I hate doing weddings !! lol

I have done the usual ones before white vignettes bledding out to nothing, desat & full B&W with and without colour popped back in flowers, glamour glows etc.

Overlays masks with the flowers etc that you see a lot in oriental work is not very popular in UK at least not here in Scotland anyway. I was more looking for something that may be a little more different to add to the mix.

Most of the work will be more just cropping and taking care of backgrounds where needed, tweeking levels etc where required that sort of thing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 AM

I meant to say that as mentioned in my initial thread I will not be doing effect & filter work on every image as that would be wrong it would be more on certain shots where it would enhance the image not detract from it, something like possibly 6 - 8 out of something like 150 shots.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2012, 04:16 PM

check niksoftware and totallyrad
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM

If you want to go topend than check out Parker Pfiser's action sets. Exy, but very comprehensive in producing edgy fx and also making workflow more efficient. Personally speaking, I shot weddings for 10 years, was rated in the top ten wedding photographers in Australia, and I never used canned filters simply because I didn't want my images looking like everyone else's. Having said that, I did create some action sets of my own and also used droplets for, for example, converting a number of images to black and white. Final images for prints/albums were always done from the RAW, though. The actions were only used for enhancing workflow for the couple's index for them to choose their final images from.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathen1 View Post
Hi dear what type of photographer you want because there are every photographer have it's own way of making photos some of wild photographing and fashion photographing but a professional wedding photographer have all the qualities of making photos of your wedding and have idea and tricks how to make photos of your wedding reception so you should always hire the professional photographer you can found from the internet also from their official web sites...
Wow. What a sentence.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I didn't understand a word, either. Still, I'm not too fluent in a lot of other languages so I can't point the bone (an Australian expressions; you probably get the meaning).

What I don't understand is why Nathen1 says he's in the United States but has a link to an Australian photographer in all his posts.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching