Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Matching Colors

Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Matching Colors

Hey guys,

I have two questions for all you photoshop PRO's!

Let's say I have two pictures. The first one is a RAW file and the second is the same file, but a flat PSD with some color and contrast moves done to it.
What I want to do is to (of course start with processing the RAW file so I have a PSD/tiff) and then I would like to match the colors to 100%.
Usually I would do this by eye, but I would like to find out if there's any quicker way to do it? I started to look in to the color sampler tool to get the different values, but kind of got stuck there.

Preferably I would also like to have all these color and contrast moves in layers if possible. So that I can adjust them if I want.

The second question is basically the same but this time the reference photo is a different picture.

I am using Photoshop CS6 on a mac.

Hope you can help out with this!

Thank a lot in advance!

Last edited by ppersson86; 11-26-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: updated PS version info
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Re: Matching Colors

hm, have you tried the "Color Match"-Option? Open the Files, stay on target image (the one you want to apply the color, go to IMAGE/ADJUSTMENTS/MATCH COLOR and on the lower third select your SOURCE image. May need some tweaking, though
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching