Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Anyone here using a Wacom Cintiq??

Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Anyone here using a Wacom Cintiq??

I just received a small Cintiq, and WOW, this thing is amazing. It makes retouching feel like actual artwork vs computer it looks like my photo work may be a bit neglected the next month or 2. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with these? I figured someone here had to be. I keep reading all these precautions about not connecting/disconnecting it while the computer is running, as it can damage my it really any more hazardous than a reg 2nd display? Constantly having to shut down and restart to disconnect it is a bit frustrating when your primary computer is a laptop. Does anyone know if there are any ways to disconnect (and reconnect) without having to do so? I've been digging around for days looking for an answer but couldn't find anything....Are there any apps out there? I'm guessing there must be something. Does anyone else use a macbook as their primary with the Cintiq? What does everyone else do? Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Re: Anyone here using a Wacom Cintiq??

I used a cintiq for about 2.5 years as my main mode of retouching, a 21" one. Now I've just bought the new 22" one, and I'm quite impressed. Used it for a job last week and it's pretty much the same as the old one, except it looks nicer.

I've always used my Cintiq as a main monitor on a tower. Last week was the first time I used one on a laptop, and I had some weird issues with switching between my displays. It just wouldn't do it, which was annoying. I just closed my laptop, forcing it to only use the cintiq as a monitor and that was the only way I could get it to work.

Maybe this is the problem you refer to? I'm not sure. All I know is that I need to do some proper testing at home before I take it on another job again.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Re: Anyone here using a Wacom Cintiq??

I have earlier model an old one and I have never had any problems in 5 years with gust unplugging it from my MacBook Pro.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching