Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to get those color tones

Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Re: How to get those color tones

For the first one, search for "photoshop light leaks", it is very simple to do.

The second one is even simpler, some sort of of color fill at very low opacity in some form of blending mode, or, try "Photo Filter" at various blend modes and very low opacity. You may also try "Variations" under filter.

Honestly, those two pictures are very basic photoshop stuff, it is not even worth asking, sorry, I am not rude, but, one has to try on his/her own some effort and experimentation otherwise you will never learn.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Re: How to get those color tones

This isn't personal to you, this is about all these "how do I get this look?" threads. You have to teach your eyes how to communicate with your brain. Once you can describe what you're seeing you're well on your way toward figuring out how to get there.

(And I rarely try to figure it out for people anymore, because half the time my assumptions are worng about what they're seeing)

I'm reposting your beginning and target images to assess what's different between them.

You've stated that in the target images you see creamy yellow skin and blue/cyan shadows. Fine, so you probably want to add a bit of yellow/red to the highlights and blue/cyan to the shadows of your beginning picture. Anything else: contrast, tone, saturation, etc?

So which of photoshop's color tools are you most familiar with? I lean most toward Curves and Selective Color, but most can do the trick. Have you tried Color Balance? Many like that for adjusting the highlights separate from the shadows.

Do your best at making the beginning photo look like the target photo and show us your results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (80.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg attachment-1.jpg (27.5 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching