RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help with gold toning

Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM

Re: Help with gold toning

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredpanther View Post
Is this what you're looking for?
How did you do this, oneredpanther? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM

It was just a bunch of levels and curves and stuff. I can't remember the specifics, but here's the PSD if you want to use my adjustments: www.barringtonrussell.com/tones.psd
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Depending on how much you like the very strong red toning in your original post, I think this is something that kind of captures that mood. There's a pretty big difference (besides just overall warmth) between say the heavy red toning with the girl in the hat and the crazy flare in comparison to the nude woman leaning on the car. I shot for some kind of a blend between the two and this is what I got. 99 percent of the toning is achieved with a curves layer pushing the reds and decreasing the blues. If you like a very "toned" looking image, drop the saturation and then put the curves above that. That will neutralize the colors of the original image and allow the curves colors to appear more global and not get all muddled with the real world colors beneath it. I have a PSD of this if you'd like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fashion-toning.jpg (21.4 KB, 54 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackahern View Post
Depending on how much you like the very strong red toning in your original post, I think this is something that kind of captures that mood. There's a pretty big difference (besides just overall warmth) between say the heavy red toning with the girl in the hat and the crazy flare in comparison to the nude woman leaning on the car. I shot for some kind of a blend between the two and this is what I got. 99 percent of the toning is achieved with a curves layer pushing the reds and decreasing the blues. If you like a very "toned" looking image, drop the saturation and then put the curves above that. That will neutralize the colors of the original image and allow the curves colors to appear more global and not get all muddled with the real world colors beneath it. I have a PSD of this if you'd like it.
Thank you all for the responses and help and Zack, I would love to see that PSD file and see if that helps. Looks pretty close to what I was looking for!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching