RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM

Re: Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

Hey Handsome...

how's things down in Texas, buddy?

AdTechniques... try conraddigital.com/tutorials

C
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyrad View Post
AdTechniques... try conraddigital.com/tutorials

C
thks so much
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyrad View Post
Hey Rust...

Those ideas are pretty subjective and depend on the lighting and subject of each image. Not like skin where you KNOW what has to be fixed. I'm going to be placing more videos up very soon. i did a down and dirty version of "intensifying" an image.. TOTALLY changing the mood of the image- if that's what you're referring to...http://conraddigital.com/tutorials/mood.jpg
Thanks , that`s just what i mean, setting the mood. I`ve worked intense for couple of years mainly concentrating on toning images , and it`s so hard. Because it not only technique but artistic vision. But it`s so inspiring to see other peoples approach and vision, thanks, hope for more. I will be happy to pay . What`s the total runnning time on your video?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 PM

I think it runs for a little over an hour. I was wondering if that purchase includes further updates being that its pricey and yes your time is worth something.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2013, 01:05 AM

Hey guys...

If you guys need more clarification on ANY tutorial I design, just ask... The expensive tutorial - about an hour of retouching is priced the way it is because it's meant for people who REALLY want to be retouchers. I teach classes out here in LA for $250 to about a dozen people on the same theory and they pay gladly. I guess it just comes down to who you are and what you're after.

At the end of the day, it's not about the money. It's about my time and it's about the viewers desire. If y'all want free schlock.. there's plenty on youtube for free

Always available to help for those who make an investment

Rust... Glad it helped. More definitely on the way

Conrad
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2013, 04:30 PM

Thumbs up Re: Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

I would gladly pay 250$ for a classroom experience, as you get a feedback that way.

What you do is great, and I for sure would love to learn, but 300$ is my monthly salary on a good month, so it's definitely out of my reach.

Still, you do great work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 PM

Here I thought that I'd get some high-end tips from a pro out of the kindness of his heart...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephnicklo View Post
Here I thought that I'd get some high-end tips from a pro out of the kindness of his heart...
Hahha, where was the kindness of hearts when he started out?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobey View Post
Hahha, where was the kindness of hearts when he started out?
Unless he was completely self-taught, I'm sure someone had to teach him what he's selling.

Personally, if I had the extra cash laying around I'd gladly fork over money for high-quality tutorials/lessons.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Hey all,

I learned every thing I know from reading books and working... oh yea, and making a lot of mistakes. Sometimes costly ones. So when people say "share out of the kindness of my heart".. I can't take them very seriously... It's like somebody sweating to build a beautiful home and somebody asking to live there for nothing because it's the "kind" thing to do... C'mon people! If you're serious about learning then you'll do what's necessary. Otherwise you're just an internet cherry picker. If you want to learn how to make grandma look younger or do the local high school portraits, that's fine... really! I respect the work. but the work I've done cost me years of my life, not to mention hundreds of hours to compile... and y'all want me to just donate it? Gotta love ya!

Back when I started I payed thousands of dollars on bogus courses, books and tutors who really didn't know squat... because I wanted learn and I wanted to work as a professional. If you want to be a novice then play on youtube and hunt for free stuff... if you want to learn from a seasoned professional so that you can work and make a living, then find the time and, if necessary... the money to accomplish that goal. But don't ask me to do all the hard work for you. that's just lame...

Hope I don't sound too grumpy. Some things just set me off.

For those of you who bother to make the financial contribution, I'm always available to help you out. I'm also more than happy to answer anybody's questions here... for free... Giving back is a 2 way street though

C
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching