RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

Old 06-26-2013, 02:31 PM

Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

Hey Guys!

I've been working as a pro retoucher for over 15yrs. When I say "pro" I MEAN pro... my work is found in most magazines and billboards today. In my 15+ yrs I've been asked more times than I can count if I could show how I retouch skin. Well...

I finally got around to recording some long awaited tutorials. I've been asked so many times to demonstrate the techniques I use to make great skin. I posted a short comparison video...

Hope you're all getting what you want/need from this site. It's a great resource

Conrad
ConradDigital.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 AM

Re: Real World Studio Retouching Experience...

So where's the video?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM

sorry guys...

conraddigital.com/tutorials is where the comparison video sits

-conrad
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM

I like your work, but $299 (for your one hour tutorial on Vimeo) is really to much for me. :-(
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM

I understand... I guess it all depends on what you want to learn and why. If you're interested in working as a retoucher or having your work published, then $299 is a ridiculous price. If you're just a hobbiest, then no... not worth the money.

I add videos to the series when need be to help people understand the process a bit more. nobody's getting rich here. BUT... 15yrs of experience has to be worth something.

Thanks for the kind words!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 03:54 PM

Nice work! Looks interesting. Wish there also was some info on color toning images, setting the mood. I rarely see that topic in tutorials.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Hey Rust...

Those ideas are pretty subjective and depend on the lighting and subject of each image. Not like skin where you KNOW what has to be fixed. I'm going to be placing more videos up very soon. i did a down and dirty version of "intensifying" an image.. TOTALLY changing the mood of the image- if that's what you're referring to...http://conraddigital.com/tutorials/mood.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM

Heyrad, I understand, but I saw many retouching tutorials and most of them are about the same techniques. That is why I am a bit cautious about investing money in any retouching tutorials. I think there are no secret techniques and everything you need to know about retouching is all over the internet. Your retouching looks great, because you are very talented. I dont you use any secret techniques, but maybe I am wrong. However, it could be interesting to see a professional at work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2013, 02:27 PM

Hiya Santoro...

Far be it from me to try and convince anyone to buy my tutorials.. However, if it were so easy to find out how to retouch professionally then I doubt I'd see as much schlock out there.

I guess it depends on what you're after... I'm gearing my tutorials towards the up and coming retoucher who wants to earn a living doing so. Or the photographer who's trying to work in the industry. My stuff is really not for those who want to work on actor's headshots or grandma's vintage picture- all worth while endeavors...

I'm sure you can find all sorts of things on the internet... But sifting through thousands of videos looking for proper technique is a lot more of a project than I care to take part in. Yes... there are no secrets. Take Bruce Lee, for example. He did nothing secretive... he threw kicks, punches just like every other fighter who ever walked the planet. however, he did it BETTER than everyone else. Now I don't claim to be the Bruce Lee of retouching. I'm simply trying to say that a qualified teacher who knows what it is that the student needs to succeed is hard to come by and should NOT be charity.

Again, I'm not trying to force my videos down anybody's throat... I'm merely trying to meet the time and expense it takes to produce the product and believe me... My time is worth a great deal of money- just ask my clients

I'll be posted all sorts of free stuff to help educate the masses(you included) because I believe in giving back. If I put together a specific lesson plan and take the time to organize it and deliver it in a way that's easy to understand, then it's worth charging a small sum for. There are people offering DVD's for the same price and as far as I'm concerned they really don't know what they're doing.

Either way, I hope you enjoy the tutorials that I DO offer for free... I hope they help you in some way my friend

heyrad
ConradDigital
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM

I look forward to seeing some of your tutorials. Will you be covering hair retouching as I noticed some hair commercials within your portfolio?

Thanks,

Conrad (that's right, another Conrad) :-)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching