RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

What is this 'metallic shiny' look on skin retouch

Old 07-13-2014, 02:09 PM

Re: What is this 'metallic shiny' look on skin ret

1- What is in BANDPASS ? hard to tell. same for SEPARATE! , Looks like modified FS, it is FS, but this two layers confusing me.

2- How the Channel mixer work? how is it affecting only the Blue Channel? I don't see any mask! (I hid your BLUE CHANNEL TO MULTIPLY adjustment, created my own above it, did not get same results!)

I like your subtle treatments, especially in the CC folder.

Thank you so much for sharing, very educational.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 PM

1.ALT+Click on the layer eye to see what it contains, BandPass here is solving a problem with the mole on the arm. So, it's painted in that area. Separate is for separate cloning and healing, and in this case it contains some fingertips and part of the shower cap strap that was removed from her left cheek.

2. Channel mixer adjusts the opacity of one channel in the other. Default setting is that every channel has 100% of it's values, and 0% of other two. By pulling the sliders, you can mix and mach channels.

Channel Mixer adjustment layer in this instance is replacing all channels with the Blue channel(red has 0 red and 100 blue, green has 0 green 100 blue) and the layer is set to Multiply to make it even darker(not to get into math of Multiply mode). Result is an image consisting only of blue channels. No mask needed, it's a blue channel in it's entirety, only used as an adjustment layer, making it editable and keeping file size smaller.

Hope i helped?

Maybe I should do Youtube tutorials.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2014, 02:57 PM

You Should!

1- I see, geez! it is too tiny, it is what I did initially, Alt click but did not see anything first time, I see it now that you told me where to look.

2- My bad! I did not pay attention, I went through the channels seeing 100% in each, did not pay attention that it was all blue!

Thanks again, you are so generous.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Can I ask what the purpose is of the "Tone Help" group?

Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2014, 03:50 AM

Usually, having a gray scale or monochrome copy -you don't really want a copy since it is static, you need some sort of adjustment layer that reflects your work in monochrome - on the top of the layer stack helps while editing. If it looks good in gray scale or monochrome, it looks good in color, this is the basic premise behind it. Monochrome version shows skin anomalies that helps identify problem areas to target, it also help with tones.

As your work progresses, you keep turning on and off the tone helper group to get an idea of how your effort is progressing.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching