RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Please help! Guys how to get that skin effect?

Old 11-21-2014, 04:27 AM

Re: Please help! Guys how to get that skin effect?

Top notch retouchers use FS to fix skin, do not get Godmother mad, watch her video.

Last edited by Aladdin; 11-21-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonch View Post
I'm looking for an idea, where to start with... i dont look for exactly the same method, but if you dont know how to, what the reason to post anything, just to be posted?!
I know how torrents youtube and google works...
thank you

I just find it funny how different people's minds work. You post a retouched image by a retoucher who makes instructional videos, asking, how does she do this, and rather than watch her videos that explain it you want others to speculate.

Just seems a rather roundabout way to get where you want to be. But it's your time, not mine. Have at it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashtones View Post
I just find it funny how different people's minds work. You post a retouched image by a retoucher who makes instructional videos, asking, how does she do this, and rather than watch her videos that explain it you want others to speculate.

Just seems a rather roundabout way to get where you want to be. But it's your time, not mine. Have at it.
Keep amuse yourself
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Patron

All that clean-up work and then to forget to mask/erase the texture from the ear.... Good catch !

Maybe the texture was created using one of the following techniques:

How to make a skin brush, adjust brush presets, and use

How to make skin texture using Smart Object layer, noise, blur, emboss

Texture Grafting from image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 12:42 PM

@Flashtones: The OP pointed to a link http://www.gavinoneill.com/latestwork where he is interested in the type of retouch treatment. He asked "how to" , few of us asked him to post an image so we might be able to give him direction. He posted an image from Julia Kuzmenko's portfolio, He never asked how to recreate Julia Kuzmenko style, he never asked how does she do it, he merely used one of her work as a sample image for us to work on. He is not interested in how Julia Kuzmenko retouch her work.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 PM

Aladdin, you might be right, but I read their post differently. His original link contained multiple images. When asked to point to a single image, they posted Julia's, another already retouched image, stating: "Here's an image, but different artist - Julia Kuzmenko, the same principe of skin retouching, i would like to know.."

Where you took that to mean, how might he color it like one of Gavin Oneill's images (which they did not point to, who says you chose the right one?) I took it to mean, here is a single image they like for skin, how might she have done it? To which I think the obvious answer would be to watch her videos.

The problem for me is that the OP is coming in stating that the work he admires (Gavin Oneill's) is not done via D&B. I suspect they are wrong and would do well to watch the work of some great D&B'ers, like Carrie Beene, Chris Tarantino, etc. And if they suspect it is done more via Freq Sep, then watch Julia's videos on freq sep. But instead they've got everyone guessing what they want, and just look at their appreciation of some efforts in that regard so far:

Quote:
Just open your eyes and look at the topic question...
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your respond, i appreciate that!
BUT, there is nothing usefull...
Quote:
I'm looking for an idea, where to start with... i dont look for exactly the same method, but if you dont know how to, what the reason to post anything, just to be posted?!
I know how torrents youtube and google works...
thank you
Quote:
Keep amuse yourself
I don't really care. The info is out there if they really want it. Just seems they're more interested in attention than info. Or in any case, it appears to me that others are working a lot harder at trying to understand what the OP is asking for than they are working at being understood.

Last edited by Flashtones; 11-21-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Ok, here's some questions, about the methods, not the artists...

1) Is anybody know the method, with sharpenning RED and Yellow channel and than set it to luminosity??? similar method or "upgraded"

2) Lee Varis method of beauty retouching, its the very old one, maybe some one know the improved version of it?

3) Good method of skin texture cloaning, struggling with it..
I totally get it if you don't find my contributions constructive, but allow me one last attempt. Gavin Oneill's skin work is quite good. It's high end beauty retouching. Lee Varis' (at least in his first book, which I have) is not.

I really suggest you look deeper at the methods of the high end beauty retouchers when you're trying to emulate high end beauty work.

The one's I can thoroughly recommend include those I already mentioned (Beene, Tarntino, Dresser, Garness) as well as Taffarell, and Tim Sexton on Lynda.com. Those are the people who will get you to the Gavin Oneill level. They also entail a good bit of D&B.

For Juila Kuzmenko's level you could go with her tuts, or you're probably on the right track already with youtube and stuff.

Lee Varis stuff is really more portrait oriented. Not high end beauty at all.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashtones View Post
Aladdin, you might be right, but I read their post differently. His original link contained multiple images. When asked to point to a single image, they posted Julia's, another already retouched image, stating: "Here's an image, but different artist - Julia Kuzmenko, the same principe of skin retouching, i would like to know.."

Where you took that to mean, how might he color it like one of Gavin Oneill's images (which they did not point to, who says you chose the right one?) I took it to mean, here is a single image they like for skin, how might she have done it? To which I think the obvious answer would be to watch her videos.

The problem for me is that the OP is coming in stating that the work he admires (Gavin Oneill's) is not done via D&B. I suspect they are wrong and would do well to watch the work of some great D&B'ers, like Carrie Beene, Chris Tarantino, etc. And if they suspect it is done more via Freq Sep, then watch Julia's videos on freq sep. But instead they've got everyone guessing what they want, and just look at their appreciation of some efforts in that regard so far:

I don't really care. The info is out there if they really want it. Just seems they're more interested in attention than info. Or in any case, it appears to me that others are working a lot harder at trying to understand what the OP is asking for than they are working at being understood.

With rude people im gonna speak theirs way!
Guys if you dont know something OR dont want to reveal any secrets or info, DO NOT flooding, dont try to be smarter than you are, i have asked so many particular questions, not just how to become Julia Kuzmenko or Gavin Oneil.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 03:00 PM

To these people who trying to help with, thanks a lot!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
With rude people im gonna speak theirs way!
Guys if you dont know something OR dont want to reveal any secrets or info, DO NOT flooding, dont try to be smarter than you are, i have asked so many particular questions, not just how to become Julia Kuzmenko or Gavin Oneil.

I was a fool to try to help in the best way that I know. Thank you for showing me conclusive proof of that. Fear not though, the mistake will not be made again.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching