Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

was the sky replaced in this shoot?

Old 02-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Re: was the sky replaced in this shoot?

Originally Posted by Repairman View Post
"But people don't look at the sky when they view an image." Retouchers do though and this is a retouching forum. My answer to the OP is yes, it is quite normal to drop in new skies and/or modify them (if only for the reason the weather was crap on the day of the shoot) and secondly it looks like no one here knows for sure to what degree they were altered.
Like I said, there is no way to tell for sure, no matter the skill. The images are small and heavily compressed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Re: was the sky replaced in this shoot?

No way to properly tell obviously, but I shoot beaches at -1ev and always have plenty of information of the sky to use. Usually by means of lowering the highlights and increasing the whites a little. If I want it more pronounced like those images, usually just a simple curves adjustment as well as blues mask parenting that layer does the job in a few simple clicks.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching