RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus, all frauds.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:57 AM

Re: Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus, all frauds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobey View Post
I see myself in you, thinking that I am going to invent something revolutionary, but in fact life never works that way. It's always evolutionary.
When did I say I was going to invent anything? I'm 32 so I'm not a beginner, and even when I was a beginner I never had such delusions. I simply pointed out, with facts and proof, that Steven Klein, Mert and Marcus are frauds, as well as Tom Munro too. You have an issue with that, I don't know why, if anything you should be exposing them too, maybe somebody else that's more talented will take their place.

Discernment is the key to everything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 04:51 AM

Art is the result, not the means. I hope you realize that. Some painter form the 12 century can say that all photographers are frauds.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Art is the result, not the means. I hope you realize that. Some painter form the 12 century can say that all photographers are frauds.
That would make sense if these photographers were responsible for the finished work but the truth of the matter is that, they are not. The retoucher is. And photography is not a group art, it's not even collaborative, it's a very lonely art, like painting. Who retouches a painter's painting? Nobody. It would be sacrilege. Do all photographers retouch their photographs? No. Hurrell probably didn't, Ansel Adams probably didn't, but that's why they made their art IN THE SHOT. It's all about doing it IN THE SHOT, which is the point that you can't grasp or understand.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blohan View Post
That would make sense if these photographers were responsible for the finished work but the truth of the matter is that, they are not. The retoucher is. And photography is not a group art, it's not even collaborative, it's a very lonely art, like painting. Who retouches a painter's painting? Nobody. It would be sacrilege. Do all photographers retouch their photographs? No. Hurrell probably didn't, Ansel Adams probably didn't, but that's why they made their art IN THE SHOT. It's all about doing it IN THE SHOT, which is the point that you can't grasp or understand.
"in the shot??" http://theliteratelens.com/2012/02/1...room-printing/

The most important thing for me is the end result. Good luck with exposing "fraud" photographers. You now have a full time job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blohan View Post
The guy is a troll. But it's a good topic because maybe someone who actually wants to learn will have an opportunity to find out just for how long photography HAS BEEN A TEAM SPORT

Ansel Adams is famous for doing a lot of different prints, but then again, you have to go watch any of his interviews...

It is important to know that photography is only one part of creating the image.

Stages are:
pre production
production(in this case photography)
post production
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
The guy is a troll. But it's a good topic because maybe someone who actually wants to learn will have an opportunity to find out just for how long photography HAS BEEN A TEAM SPORT

Ansel Adams is famous for doing a lot of different prints, but then again, you have to go watch any of his interviews...

It is important to know that photography is only one part of creating the image.

Stages are:
pre production
production(in this case photography)
post production
lol nothing can be further from the truth, this is like crediting the frame builder with the outcome of an image. Again, you are mediocre and you are surrounded by mediocre photographers who don't know how to shoot and whose pictures are built from scratch by the retoucher, so keep on believing that team work delusion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:39 PM

Then again you think that Mert and Marcus are mediocre... so thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
"in the shot??" http://theliteratelens.com/2012/02/1...room-printing/

The most important thing for me is the end result. Good luck with exposing "fraud" photographers. You now have a full time job!
Yes, in the shot. The darkroom and modern retouching are essential, but they can't be the only thing that makes the photograph. In Klein's case, it is the only thing that makes the photograph, as well as M&M because the negatives and original files are so excruciatingly bad.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 03:10 PM

I always like good troll but blohan is not that. Dude can't tell the difference between a Polaroid and a final, and thinks it takes a week to retouch a hairline. To call blohan mediocre would unjustly elevate his status.

But don't let that stop you, blohan, you're doing great! (Well, below mediocre, but you know what I mean...)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashtones View Post
I always like good troll but blohan is not that. Dude can't tell the difference between a Polaroid and a final, and thinks it takes a week to retouch a hairline. To call blohan mediocre would unjustly elevate his status.

But don't let that stop you, blohan, you're doing great! (Well, below mediocre, but you know what I mean...)
lol @you thinking the before pictures I posted were polaroids. I guess it is you who has no effing clue what a polaroid is and what it looks like.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching