RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Patchy skin

Old 03-23-2015, 12:52 PM

Patchy skin

hi I would like to ask you guys about skin retouching in this particular situation - please see attached file. I am not asking about how to do because I am respect how hard is to get this knowledge I am asking it's very difficult and time consuming? It's possible for some step create action which will accelerate hole process for many images? thank you for help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg patchy_skin.jpg (75.8 KB, 214 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2015, 05:38 PM

Re: Patchy skin

if your looking for some good skin retouching actions to speed up your workflow try Totally Rads Pro Retouch 2. You could also try a Frequency Seperation and use the mixer brush on the low layer to smooth out the transitions
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-23-2015, 10:29 PM

Dodge and burn. Painting with light on the dark spots and dark on light spots to even things out.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:29 AM

hello thank you guys so much for help. As I supposed it's long time work thank you jacek
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-25-2015, 02:54 AM

It's 15 minutes if you know what you're doing, but then again this is an educational forum, so you need to learn before you do.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM

Remember to zoom out every few minutes to get a sense whether you've done too much. Legs won't look good when they are too flat and it's pretty common they don't have the same amount of shaping light as face and torso because the light source is not big enough. That's also a typical issue with more low-key shots when you have to deal with blotchy knees.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumare View Post
hello thank you guys so much for help. As I supposed it's long time work thank you jacek
It doesn't really need to be that way. The reason this kind of thing can take a long time is that it's easy to do the wrong thing. When you even things out, you still want to have shape, tone, and defined lighting, however subtle. You also don't want to simply invert the slightly brighter and slightly darker areas. If you don't create too much double or triple work for yourself, the process will get faster.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumare View Post
hi I would like to ask you guys about skin retouching in this particular situation - please see attached file. I am not asking about how to do because I am respect how hard is to get this knowledge I am asking it's very difficult and time consuming? It's possible for some step create action which will accelerate hole process for many images? thank you for help
Duplicate layer -> invert -> soft light -> desaturate -> gaussian blur (to recover detail) -> selective colour (to blend yellows) -> midtone curve (to restore brightness) then mask out at the edges (for the reasons insmac mentioned) and voilà. Start-to-finish, two minutes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Legs.jpg (95.4 KB, 83 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobey View Post
Dodge and burn. Painting with light on the dark spots and dark on light spots to even things out.
This will yield a better result overall, though doesn't really warrant the effort unless retouching for 'high-end' applications.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-22-2015, 08:27 AM

hue sat, crank up hue sat, define the reds you want to change and slide them around till they get similar.
i couldnt help to db a bit and play with textur
Attached Images
File Type: jpg patchy_skin.jpg (75.7 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching