RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

how to get this toning ?

Old 01-12-2016, 06:01 AM

how to get this toning ?

any help would be great.
how to get these toning ?

http://postimg.org/image/t3lyje54h/
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2016, 09:24 AM

Re: how to get this toning ?

You can achieve this tone by selecting the right color balance to begin with.

Shadow : to blue cyan
Desaturate red and adding some cyan

hope it will help
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2016, 04:37 AM

I'm trying to get better at retouching and thought this was a good before after to practice on. Had some down time at work so gave it a try to replicate.

Here's the result http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j.../retouched.jpg

It's definitely not 100%, the skins not as polished but it was done at work with amouse and it's in the ball park I think.

Main edits were soft light layers to dodge and burn on the skin and t-shirt, with some healing on t-shirt as highlights were blown on jpg so couldn't bring detail back. Colour work was curves and selective colour, initial curves trying to correct overall image then a curve for the skin affecting the greens and blues to balance it and a selective colour layer to try and fix the reds. then built some contrast and pushed a nice rich brown into the image with a solid colour layer. Not sure if it's good enough and most my techniques are probably wrong but I can share psd if its any use.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2016, 09:11 AM

Good stuff for practising. I tried it in several steps, see http://www.michielvisser.nl/wp-conte...training-1.jpg

(1) Original
(2) Color corrected to natural skin tones. Lot of reduction of the reds and some minor tweaking on blues and greens. Also overall reduction in brightness esp midtones.
(3) Make skin transitions less steep through frequency separation + add some dodging and burning (I know, I'm learning)
(4) From (3) to end result I adjusted the colors with curves on the numbers. Set 4 color samplers on shadows (hair!), midtones and highlights, wrote down the desired numbers and adjusted curves according to desired end result.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2016, 06:13 AM

thanks guys keep posting results. its a very good photo to practise color toning. i am going to post my result as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdhd View Post
I'm trying to get better at retouching and thought this was a good before after to practice on. Had some down time at work so gave it a try to replicate.

Here's the result http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j.../retouched.jpg

It's definitely not 100%, the skins not as polished but it was done at work with amouse and it's in the ball park I think.

Main edits were soft light layers to dodge and burn on the skin and t-shirt, with some healing on t-shirt as highlights were blown on jpg so couldn't bring detail back. Colour work was curves and selective colour, initial curves trying to correct overall image then a curve for the skin affecting the greens and blues to balance it and a selective colour layer to try and fix the reds. then built some contrast and pushed a nice rich brown into the image with a solid colour layer. Not sure if it's good enough and most my techniques are probably wrong but I can share psd if its any use.
yes please share the psd if you have.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-18-2016, 12:27 AM

I think your work very good, love Input details . But it's a bit overretouch, that too perfect for portrait
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching