RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Discuss: How to get this rich skin texture ?

Old 02-28-2016, 11:20 AM

Re: Discuss: How to get this rich skin texture ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marameo View Post
One can put the texture back grabbing a piece from the photo mentioned by the OP define a pattern and fill a layer in softlight mode. Desaturate, Highpass and unsharp mask the mask out to reveal with a low flow white brush.
You want to start with a properly lit image. So no putting back texture, because you never loose it in the first place.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2016, 01:01 PM

I believe the image the OP posted can be misleading because it may look different once printed thru a web press.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-28-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I believe the image the OP posted can be misleading because it may look different once printed thru a web press.
Consider that the type of press something runs on is only one factor in how it will look and only with respect to that output. The OP pulled images off a website. They do not appear to be scans, so that isn't a practical concern.

You can resolve enough detail with the stock used for a typical magazine page. You can see this by looking at one.

I would personally say you need sufficient resolution and good lighting. You need to be careful not to destroy it in post, which is very easy to do. I don't see a lot of noise added here. It's worth trying a very small amount if something looks a bit flat.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2016, 02:02 AM

it's come from camera + lens and good convert from Capture One
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2016, 11:34 PM

good skin texture, is by doing micro dodge & burn because you won't be removing any textures! unless you mean the grainy route, which you can always add noise on a 50% gray layer and slightly blur it a bit and have it on either overlay/linear mode, ctrl+f to tighten up the noise more. if you want to sharpen, you can always use the high pass layer from a frequency separation.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2016, 01:12 AM

Um... no. It's just High pass, you make a new high pass on top, as you may want to include all the things you've done above the frequency separation.

ctrl+f repeats the last filter you've used.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 PM

yes, we're talking about the same thing skoobey, but thanks for clarifying. I guess I wasn't specific enough.

Last edited by dodgenburner; 05-17-2016 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-10-2016, 04:16 AM

Honestly speaking, i am not a portraits photographer, but i did shoot some portraits before, and the quality i can have from different cameras help a lot, and when the model or subject skin is treated or ready clean or washed or MU'd then all those will help for better and easier retouching.

I did shoot my wife few times, and the best shots i have so far are when she had make up on her face, it made the job or retouching less efforts or less headache and more fun/joy, even i am not good in retouching.

I wish to have models to shoot because i can't post my family portraits as beauty here, only if they are covered almost without covering face then i can post that, but beauty as hair and half body i can't post those of my family due to my religion and culture, but i will see if i can post at least my daughters [they are still so young] faces close ups like eyes or lips or even face covered hair then i will post here, if this is not a problem of kids non adults yet photos are allowed here, and i was thinking to tell my daughters to have this kind of make up or masks that give textures on skin.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2016, 10:19 AM

Carving to selectively enhance macroscopic contrast; meticulous dodging and burning (and perhaps sparing use of inverted high-pass) to correct texture flaws; gradient mapping to unify pigmentation; judicious smudge, median and mixer-brush work on a low-frequency separation to even out skin-tone, followed by masked-in high-frequency sharpening and/or gaussian noise on a low-opacity linear light filter layer for the 'obfuscated' effect—not to mention a degree of manual finesse with the pen-tool to reconstruct eyeshadow, lip-gloss, and other geometries.

All told, providing the photography were up to par, this is the kind of thing that could take a capable, veteran retoucher (such as Daniel Meadows) in the order of five or six hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2016, 04:05 AM

Quote:
I believe a layer filled with black in screen mode with some gaussian monochromatic noise (25%). This layer can be scaled up to 400% thru edit->transform then some blur (maybe motion) applied on it. I'd add a Levels adjustment layer (clipping mask) and drag the black and white point sliders to fine tune the contrast and reduce the amount of this sort of "snow" effect.
Quote:
One can put the texture back grabbing a piece from the photo mentioned by the OP define a pattern and fill a layer in softlight mode. Desaturate, Highpass and unsharp mask the mask out to reveal with a low flow white brush.
Simply posting in this thread to keep track of this post for reference. :>
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching