RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Herb Ritts style help

Old 03-03-2016, 08:19 PM

Re: Herb Ritts style help

Just like anything else, you properly mask manually. Brush, pen.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoobey View Post
Just like anything else, you properly mask manually. Brush, pen.
well how? I do dodge and burn, as well as 50% gray overlay, I still don't get the results I want.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 08:51 PM

Because you're not practicing enough. Try insulting people less, and asking about specific obstacles more. I haven't seen a single image you have posted and asked a question related to your efforts.

P.S. I "do" dodge and burn doesn't mean anything. It's like saying I drive. Do you drive to work, or are you a cab driver, or are you a race car driver, or are you driving a truck. It's a VERY broad tool. So before you start painting, you need to know what is it that you're trying to paint.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Because you're not practicing enough. Try insulting people less, and asking about specific obstacles more. I haven't seen a single image you have posted and asked a question related to your efforts.
I'm not the one insulting anyone and I already posted an image, no one has said anything of use other than to criticize the actual shot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 09:01 PM

That is not your image. Noone can help you when all you show is an image by someone els.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Quote:
That is not your image. Noone can help you when all you show is an image by someone els.
I showed my image, you'd see it if you had bothered to read.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 PM

I guess that picture of a boy is yours... well obviously it will never be a Herb Ritts. Start practicing with good images.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I guess that picture of a boy is yours... well obviously it will never be a Herb Ritts. Start practicing with good images.
That is unnecessarily rude and insulting, just because you don't know sh*t and can't really give any advice doesn't give you the right to attack my photograph, I'd like to see yours, surely they are the generic blogger type picture taken by someone who thinks they are the greatest, well you are not.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 10:34 PM

It's not an insult, just an observation. You can't start with a random crop of a random subject in a random light and expect to compete with the best of the best. And you must be aware of that. One step at the time. As this is a retouching community, I gave you good advice on how to improve your retouching. By working on a good image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2016, 10:39 PM

Quote:
It's not an insult, just an observation. You can't start with a random crop of a random subject in a random light and expect to compete with the best of the best. And you must be aware of that. One step at the time. As this is a retouching community, I gave you good advice on how to improve your retouching. By working on a good image.

First of all it's not a random subject, have some f*cking respect. Second of all, I never expected to compete with the best and never even said such a thing. I simply asked what is the photoshop steps for fine art retouching. And don't tell me that you cannot take a crap picture and make it an A grade picture in photoshop because you can, just google all the unretouched Steven Klein and Marcus and Piggot images and come back and tell me they aren't 100% built in photoshop because they are.

I guess at the end of the day you just don't know anything. I saw that in art school all the time, retouchers that didn't know anything of use because they didn't know anything about photography. I happen to know at least something, it's a bad shot, but so fvking what, I like it for personal reasons, I did not come in here for a photo assessment, I am asking about retouching.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching