RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Need to make her NOT look preggers

Old 04-25-2016, 11:43 PM

Need to make her NOT look preggers

Hello all: I recently did a business portrait shoot of one of my client's entire staff, but one associate was not able to be there. I am creating a composite of the whole staff, and this is the most recent photo they gave me to work with of said associate. They would prefer that she not be pregnant in the photo. I have tried to kind of hide her behind the person next to her in the composite, but that puts them too close together. I have spent hours with the liquify tool and it never looks right. I though I'd see if I can get a new perspective through fresh eyes. Any suggestions?

https://jennyedwards.smugmug.com/Pho...BDdjK7B-X3.jpg

Last edited by jenward74; 04-25-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: move link
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2016, 12:54 AM

Re: Need to make her NOT look preggers

What gives the game away, however well you reshape the body, is the scale of the pattern - it is a different scale to the rest off the dress and must be brought back in to line. You could try warp, manually or experiment with the custom options. Shear could offer a start point aswell. Either way you will need to do handwork to rebuild missing pattern after distortion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2016, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repairman View Post
What gives the game away, however well you reshape the body, is the scale of the pattern - it is a different scale to the rest off the dress and must be brought back in to line. You could try warp, manually or experiment with the custom options. Shear could offer a start point aswell. Either way you will need to do handwork to rebuild missing pattern after distortion.
Thanks for your suggestions! I will give them a try. The pattern is definitely the biggest problem. I am trying to figure out how to make the dress completely black but still look realistic.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 AM

When you are asking about something so complex and haven't got the skills to reconstruct the pattern, I would suggest just hiring someone?

Steps would be: some liquify, then using the path tool to reconstruct the pattern, on both the dress, sleeve, arm, then heal to reconstruct the texture( or clone on the split), shade the arm and everything you've painted, and fix the color. ANd if the shelf is looking off anywhere ,you need to clone, and shade that.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching