RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

can anyone tell me how to get this skin tone?

Old 07-26-2016, 06:49 AM

Re: can anyone tell me how to get this skin tone?

[QUOTE=klev;331034]Ah.. that's my own fault. I read a lot of "how do I get these colors" questions.

klev, thx for feedback.i dont want to say that your method wouldn't work.u do have lots of ways to get that look.but after have a look at ALL of alansdair mclellan's work, i think he just have a method, and always used that method to edit his photos , the tone looks similar in all of his pics, i think we can get that affect by other method, but that may looked strange more or less, cuz we dont know "that exactly method".
for the app, i just want to find out nirrimi's curves,a film look curves.
well. i think maybe we can talk about something else now.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2016, 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=kekedavinci;331035]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
Ah.. that's my own fault. I read a lot of "how do I get these colors" questions.

klev, thx for feedback.i dont want to say that your method wouldn't work.u do have lots of ways to get that look.but after have a look at ALL of alansdair mclellan's work, i think he just have a method, and always used that method to edit his photos , the tone looks similar in all of his pics, i think we can get that affect by other method, but that may looked strange more or less, cuz we dont know "that exactly method".
That part is actually incorrect. You get strange results when you take a bad approach, not because your workflow doesn't precisely match another. You won't be able to match everything someone else does without having them walk you through it. You're after a similar result that meets the desired level of quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekedavinci View Post
for the app, i just want to find out nirrimi's curves,a film look curves.
well. i think maybe we can talk about something else now.
Photoshop's curves don't precisely match 3D LUT creator, but you can import LUTs. I agree it's a very nice application, but you can still achieve strong results without it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2016, 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=klev;331037]
Quote:

That part is actually incorrect. You get strange results when you take a bad approach, not because your workflow doesn't precisely match another. You won't be able to match everything someone else does without having them walk you through it. You're after a similar result that meets the desired level of quality.

Photoshop's curves don't precisely match 3D LUT creator, but you can import LUTs. I agree it's a very nice application, but you can still achieve strong results without it.
if i give u 2 pics to achieve that affect , it wont take u a long time to finish. but if there are 20 pics , can u work out the same effect ? i think will take u a long time. because of u dont get the key method. that's what i mean.

would u try nirrimi's film style ? all by curves method . maybe u can work it out ?
http://www.mywholisticlife.com/2015/...ia-de-nirrimi/
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2016, 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=kekedavinci;331041]
Quote:

would u try nirrimi's film style ? all by curves method . maybe u can work it out ?
http://www.mywholisticlife.com/2015/...ia-de-nirrimi/
I would be amazed if you can match those using a single curve, because I see more one adjustment over each image. Let me know how it goes. I would like to be wrong on this one.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2016, 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=klev;331043]
Quote:

I would be amazed if you can match those using a single curve, because I see more one adjustment over each image. Let me know how it goes. I would like to be wrong on this one.
curves is the key, but somehow there are a little bit slightly adjustment in other parts. nirrimi used to sell the curves in her "color shop", but now is no longer available.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2016, 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=kekedavinci;331049]
Quote:

curves is the key, but somehow there are a little bit slightly adjustment in other parts. nirrimi used to sell the curves in her "color shop", but now is no longer available.
Okay. I checked whether the page itself was archived. It isn't, because robots.txt was set to disallow crawling (well technically you could crawl it anyway, but that would be rude). I suggest emailing her. If she has distributed them in the past, she may respond. The advantage to this is that you don't have to approximate it. If something looks different, it's due to differences in lighting and processing rather than actions taken in post.

I would be careful about going too crazy with curves.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 PM

How pathetic!

Not a single person gave the the photographer credit for his or her work.

Did it occur to anyone, maybe, just maybe, the effect was done in camera, utilizing gelled mono head with , say, 1/4 or 1/2 Rosco CTS? Then only two Raw conversions in ACR to get final outcome.

- Start of rant:
You guys need to think outside the box and stop talking out of your behind and sound like an expert panel.

I miss the good old days of Retouch Pro. Half the answers nowadays are cranky while the other half is Mumbo Jumbo Academic nonsense, this is not how we are going to nurture new comers and keep Retouch Pro going strong.

We used to have Calvin Hollywood and Godmother and host of others contribute here, now, fahgettaboudit!!!
-End of Rant

Sorry Dog...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2016, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
How pathetic!

Did it occur to anyone, maybe, just maybe, the effect was done in camera, utilizing gelled mono head with , say, 1/4 or 1/2 Rosco CTS? Then only two Raw conversions in ACR to get final outcome.

- Start of rant:
You guys need to think outside the box and stop talking out of your behind and sound like an expert panel.

I miss the good old days of Retouch Pro. Half the answers nowadays are cranky while the other half is Mumbo Jumbo Academic nonsense, this is not how we are going to nurture new comers and keep Retouch Pro going strong.

We used to have Calvin Hollywood and Godmother and host of others contribute here, now, fahgettaboudit!!!
-End of Rant

Sorry Dog...
nirrimi's color shop is true. yes ,still ,u telling the true. but i still star a tread here , for some new information.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2016, 09:09 AM

The SUN contributes a lot to these images. It seems to be earlier morning when the sun is still yellow/orange/red in color...and the sun seems to be hitting them directly based on the hard shadow lines. Sometimes real life contributes to the overall look of an image. LOL

The first image is probably warmed up some additional by a curve adjustment layer...with the red channel pulled up some about 3/4 the way up the curve to the right. Im saying this because the face is quite reddish and somewhat over saturated...and especially because the usually gray grout in the bricks is heavily reddened up.

If you use a black layer mask with your curve...you can selectively control where the adjustment happens and by how much...the first image seems like it has a simple globally applied red curve pull-up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2016, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
How pathetic!

- Start of rant:
It's important to remember that all images are different. He is unlikely to reproduce that photographer's workflow. I considered how I would respond if someone showed me a reference and their image, which differed significantly from the reference. The two that you tended to post recipe book style things on youtube and presumably made a significant portion of their income by bringing others up to a minimal level of competence. It's a different perspective, and I'm a little disappointed that you can't see that.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching