RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Editing lace clothes

Old 07-29-2016, 10:33 AM

Newbie Editing lace clothes

Hello everyone! I need to remove folds on the girl's dresses and the lining that got out from the right girl's dress. I've tried to do this for all day, but can't achieve a good result. I tried to work with it through frequency separation, a stamp, and liquify, but nothing works good. Can someone tell me how to correct it all right? Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ?????? ?????? 2016-07-29 ? 18.52.10.jpg (77.7 KB, 62 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2016, 11:05 AM
Patron

Re: Editing lace clothes

You may want to try the Patch tool in PS. Selecting a small section at a time replace area by moving selection up or down.

Creases in the dress are going to be more difficult if the dress is to look natural and will certainly require more care - the same tool and cloning could help but tbh this should have been corrected prior to shutter triggered.

You might want to try D&B to gently even out the contrast in the folds without actually trying to remove the folds completely

Quick play attached on the undergarment only - wait a few seconds for change.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Creases_dress.gif (150.1 KB, 39 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2016, 06:55 PM

You may have a difficult time getting a match with those patterns. I would probably try masking out the shadows that truly need to go (use judgement) and lighten them with a curve or channel mixer. You will probably have to adjust the color balance slightly to make it work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 PM

I'd be inclined to get rid of the lining altogether by extending the dress. Plenty of material to be copied from the left dress.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-30-2016, 09:19 AM

Lightening up and desaturating the darker blue in the shadow area is usually the way many people address this issue. They try to "iron out" the difference in the darker and lighter parts of the fold...preferring tobring up the darker shadow areas to the lightness of the top and highlight side of the fold. (Or in some cases you can darken up the lighter side if that seems more reasonable for your particular image. The main goal is to bring the 2 values closer together so there is no brightness, saturation, color, or contrast difference between the lighter and darker part of the curve.

Many people would use the curve adjustment layer to do this because you dont loose any texture or pattern in the adjustment. Adjustment layers are clean and transparent and especially if you use a black layer mask with the layer...you can selectively paint in the lightness factor in your curve just exactly where you want it and how intense it will be in every area. You can even re-adjust your original curve after you are done or use the layers opacity slider to moderate the strength of the correction. It takes a bit of artistry and judgement and some experimenting to do this well...so give it some time and learn how to control the curves and masks so they accomplish exactly what you want.

On the slip showing...you could clone or patch a section over that area...its fairly small to cover. If you ever use a black mask on a layer...with it you can paint on the texture with a white brush and take it away with a black brush on the mask... its a great way to lay a patch over an area...then fine tune its edges using the layer mask.

Last edited by ray12; 07-30-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-31-2016, 09:05 PM

EKfodx, can you chat with me via skype helennguyenepe, I can help you to do it. Or just register an account with elitephotoediting.com, then upload your photo, you will get it within 24 hours.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-01-2016, 03:06 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenEPE View Post
EKfodx, can you chat with me via skype helennguyenepe, I can help you to do it. Or just register an account with elitephotoediting.com, then upload your photo, you will get it within 24 hours.
IMO this forum typical of many is for learning by sharing knowledge not for advertising your services.

Should you really wish to help the OP and contribute something to the forum then by all means describe or show techniques that you would use to solve the issue.

Otherwise please use the Classified section to advertise your services
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfodx View Post
Hello everyone! I need to remove folds on the girl's dresses and the lining that got out from the right girl's dress. I've tried to do this for all day, but can't achieve a good result. I tried to work with it through frequency separation, a stamp, and liquify, but nothing works good. Can someone tell me how to correct it all right? Thank you!
Selected a lower portion her dress, copied to a new layer, moved down over the lining and warped into place; clone and spot healing tools to blend; filled a blank layer with 50% grey, changed the blend mode to soft light and painted the shadows/folds with the dress colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cuites.jpg (98.0 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching