Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Surface uniformisation

Old 10-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Surface uniformisation

Hi everyone, I mostly take architectural photographs and I regularly stumble upon one problem when I have to deal with with wall surfaces that are not uniform due to aging, tags, moisture, cracks...

On the picture below you can see what I am talking about on the red surface, old tags, new tags, moisture, dog pee. Usually I deal with native Photoshop tools as healing brush, patch but here, and particularly on the "washed out white surface", it is difficult to obtain a nice result with those tools.

I also tried to apply a red layer and I have tested different fusion modes but still with no success.

Any idea on how to deal with this kind of situation and how to uniformise the surface and at the same time to conserve the "grain" of the material and the original lighting ?

Thanks a lot !
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Re: Surface uniformisation

Gzser, Welcome to RetouchPRO
Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends.
Poke around, have fun!

RetouchPRO is a place for help, with abundant offerings of knowledge, opinions, or just interesting thoughts, We are a remarkably troll-free and welcoming group.

Just one thing to help the forum... If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described in this thread:
(Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images..)
The save for web function in the latest Photoshop is hidden under File>Export>Save for web (legacy)

This thread explains (How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads )

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread,(as you did here.... but please link to the highest resolution.. or the largest size you can upload) also, always please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

If you become a "Patron" You can attach files up to 1MB to any post, You won't see any ads on the site, There's a private forum just for Patrons, You can display an automatic signature under your posts, Your posts will clearly identify you as a Patron, so everyone knows of your generous support.

Welcome aboard !
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching