RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

real estate retouch

Old 04-09-2017, 09:40 AM

Re: real estate retouch

Yes they did. I use payoneer to receive payments. But for each working week, the money needs to be first approved by the client, then by the site...this takes around 3 weeks. Also, the site takes its share of 20%, so I'm actually working for $8/h lol. But is good if you have long-term jobs, because once you reach $500 with a client, the fee drops to 10%.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
I recommend you go here: photographyforrealestate.net look their site over and ask there.

These guidelines presented by them are pretty common in the real estate industry.
I began retouching for our parent company The Iris Group, who hired Photographers around the country for high-end Real Estate. We also printed the finished advertising material - you can see a few of the shots in our small online portfolio.

https://www.modernpostcard.com/sites...ng/gallery.php

As you'll see from the examples most of the work was fixing flaws: changing perspective, opening shadows, improving color, etc. The most time consuming was removing trash and dead leaves from driveways, gutters, and lawns. It was also expected for multiple exterior shots to make sure the colors matched, especially lawns. The same was true for interior walls. Interiors in general needed to pop in the sense of having good shape (contrast), with no plugged-up shadows. Interior wood floors could have reflections, but all blown-out areas (like in front of glass doors) needed to be fixed, and all power cords around furniture were removed.

Those were general guidelines for every shot. Once, an agent whose house was difficult to photograph because of the row of large trees along the road, waited for winter so all the leaves would be gone, then asked us to remove all the branches. Took four hours to just remove the branches. Requests like that were rare.

Last edited by Shoku; 04-09-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristinaY2J View Post
Yes they did. I use payoneer to receive payments. But for each working week, the money needs to be first approved by the client, then by the site...this takes around 3 weeks. Also, the site takes its share of 20%, so I'm actually working for $8/h lol. But is good if you have long-term jobs, because once you reach $500 with a client, the fee drops to 10%.
WOAH! I would kill for 8$ an hour 9-5!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-09-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefair View Post
hi guys, I have like 100 real estate images to retouch, what do you recommend to use, which software and how to learn?
A few questions:
  • What kind of retouching? It could be anything from setting white point and black point, to cloning out cars or replacing skies or something even more advanced. Can you be more specific?
  • Can you post a sample image so we can see what you're trying to do?
  • How much do you want to spend on software?
  • Do you want to invest enough time and money to learn to do this kind of retouching indefinitely, or are these 100 images going to be one and done for you?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching