RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

LIQUIFY - Photoshop CC Face-Aware

Old 01-31-2017, 08:33 AM

LIQUIFY - Photoshop CC Face-Aware

Anybody have any familiarity with this? I just used this and realized that they added this inane function to their arsenal.

I don't like it - it appears to be for novices and and tries to make retouching easier for folks who maybe shouldn't be retouching - JMO.

In any event, is there a way I can turn this off??? I just want to do precisely what I want to do, and know how I want to do it - but CC automatically recognizes a face (Thanks - NOT) and just kicks in this functionality.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:00 PM

Re: LIQUIFY - Photoshop CC Face-Aware

Well, all it does it draws two guide lines, near the face, nothing more. Once you select a tool, the guide lines go away, never to come back and "manual" mode becomes the default. Till you use the face recognition again. it is this simple, ignore it and it will go away.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:25 PM

It is certainly drawing more than two guidelines near the face. It is pretty elaborate about what is wants to try and help me with. Oh... I just logged on remotely - and sure enough - there are my same "specific tool"s in the left hand column. Just hadn't seen that yet. Previously it defaulted to the Push Forward tool, and I really never ever used any of the others. Hadn't done any Liquify since upgrading to the cloud. Thanks again.

Last edited by daygraphics; 01-31-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2017, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygraphics View Post
Anybody have any familiarity with this? I just used this and realized that they added this inane function to their arsenal.

I don't like it - it appears to be for novices and and tries to make retouching easier for folks who maybe shouldn't be retouching - JMO.

In any event, is there a way I can turn this off??? I just want to do precisely what I want to do, and know how I want to do it - but CC automatically recognizes a face (Thanks - NOT) and just kicks in this functionality.
The key word is inane. I hope you find a way to turn it off, but this is one more reason why I haven't gone the CC route. Adobe gurus, like "progressives," always think they know better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Hmmm... I use it when the subject is frowning and not smiling, eyes partially closed, thin the face, etc. Works fine for me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 PM
Patron

Quote:
...In any event, is there a way I can turn this off??? I just want to do precisely what I want to do, and know how I want to do it - but CC automatically recognizes a face (Thanks - NOT) and just kicks in this functionality.
Just turn it off by selecting another tool from the left hand menu and close the Face Aware Liquify on the right hand menu -click arrow button.

Your selections will be remembered and the Face Aware tool will not automatically function until you call it by clicking on the tool icon and opening the menu panel
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching