RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help - Digital Makeover

Old 12-02-2002, 04:28 PM

Jazz. Jakalenna posted a tutoril on retouching hair and face and told where you can get Bruces color charts for photoshop 6. I have seven but I downloaded and printed the charts, and I use them. Basically the least you hand paint the better you are. I use the magnetic selection on the hair and face and edit fill and fade fill, always in a new layer and it works out great. From what I have found everybody like Katrins books and I know she has video tapes of all these subjects.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2002, 09:11 PM

Hey Flora

I was looking at your image again and after closer inspection, I think I like yours the best. The eye shadow looks wonderful.

Can you give me more details about how you brushed that on? Did you brush it on at low opacity and then use a blur to feather it?

Great job! :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2002, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chiquitita
A darker redhead...
No offense but I don't think that's very flattering! :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2002, 09:30 PM

I don't think I can answer your question - but I think I can help by asking a couple of questions.

Just to be sure - we are all so used to enhancement - do you mean digitally applying; Foundation, lipstick, lip gloss, rougue, eyeshadow, etc?

Is it not so much an issue of whether it is in good taste but how to do it so that it looks real? Like the make-up was put on before the photos where taken?

Since I can't help you with the best way to do these techniques, "I will take my answers off the air"

Roger
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-02-2002, 11:56 PM

Hi Jaz!

Quote:
Did you brush it on at low opacity and then use a blur to feather it?
Yep....That's exactly what I did.....I used a 10-20% soft airbrush to paint on the eyeshadows, (on its own layer), careful as not to obliterate the line of the natural eye-fold, and then I blurred it....

Thanks for your comment!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2002, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Flora
Hi Jaz!

Yep....That's exactly what I did.....I used a 10-20% soft airbrush to paint on the eyeshadows, (on its own layer), careful as not to obliterate the line of the natural eye-fold, and then I blurred it....

Thanks for your comment!
My girlfriend/fiance/wife (we got married last night) really loved it. My image sort of looks "trailer-park-trashy" whereas yours looks sophisticated and refined.

I think I have the photoshop stuff down. Now I just have to learn how to apply makeup. I still wish someone would do a tutorial. I wonder if there are any makeup artists who also are photoshop artists?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2002, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roger_ele Just to be sure - we are all so used to enhancement - do you mean digitally applying; Foundation, lipstick, lip gloss, rougue, eyeshadow, etc?[/B]
Exactly. I'm not interested in removing wrinkles, blemishes, creating smooth skin, etc. I have no problem with that stuff. It's the actual makeup stuff that I'm struggling with.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2002, 09:26 AM

Jaz.....

This is a site, I happened on yesterday..... "Applying virtual Make-Up." Might be helpful.

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~madsb/jc/wal...oyager_tut.php
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2002, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GOLDCOIN
Jaz.....

This is a site, I happened on yesterday..... "Applying virtual Make-Up." Might be helpful.

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~madsb/jc/wal...oyager_tut.php
Thanks! I'm not crazy about the Voyager look but I think the concept is good.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2002, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ugot2bkdng
Hmmmmmmm,

You got married last night and you are on the computer this morning. I'm an old man, what's your excuse?

chuck
Haha - I wondered if someone would catch that. Unfortunately, my wife Sande - Blonde/redhead/gray haired/pink haired) girl in the pictures - has all-day classes for work today and tomorrow. We're leaving for the caribbean thursday morning. No photoshop but I will bring my D60!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching