RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Easy Retouching skin tones for darker skin

Old 08-06-2004, 07:05 PM

Easy Retouching skin tones for darker skin

One of the biggest problems I had when trying to retouch black skin tones was the dull color I would get when using the color pallette. Well, Eureka!, I think I have found a way to eliminate that problem to make the skin tones more realistic. I found it easier to use the brushes in the soft light mode with the air brush turned on and so far, it has worked every time. You have to play around with the brown colors, but I also found that if you use 100% of the predominate brown color you need and use 25% to 50% of a reddish tone will get you what you want. I will post a couple so you can see what I mean. If this "tip" was common knowledge, remember, I'm still a biginner!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2004, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Bay
One of the biggest problems I had when trying to retouch black skin tones was the dull color I would get when using the color pallette. Well, Eureka!, I think I have found a way to eliminate that problem to make the skin tones more realistic. I found it easier to use the brushes in the soft light mode with the air brush turned on and so far, it has worked every time. You have to play around with the brown colors, but I also found that if you use 100% of the predominate brown color you need and use 25% to 50% of a reddish tone will get you what you want. I will post a couple so you can see what I mean. If this "tip" was common knowledge, remember, I'm still a biginner!
It was news to me and I've been using PS for several years. There's always something new and fun to learn about PS. Thanks for sharing this little golden nugget.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 PM

brown skin tones

Thank you. Thank you. No matter how much knowledge you accumulate in photoshop, there is always one more very practical tip that helps us all. I'm so glad you did the experimenting and found a solution, which you shared with us all. Thank you again.

Janet

P.S. I'm a beginning photoshop teacher (very beginners). This tip will be invaluable for my students.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching