RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Using Brightness / Contrast

Old 01-07-2005, 01:08 PM

Hey Axle. How come you didn't stop by to visit? Just jokin' If you're ever in this neck of the woods again stop on by. If you need a place to stay we've got lots of room. Just let me know cause I'm expecting Doug Nelson to pony on up here as well. Here that Doug?

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiska
BTW, as a BIG surprise b'day gift, my kids gave me a 5 day trip to Seattle to visit my brother next summer. I have googled 'whale watching', and several to choose from. Any recommendations??? Any other suggestions. Also going overnight to Victoria.

Thanks
kiska
"Whale watching" is a hit and miss thing. Sometimes you see 'em, sometimes you don't -- so if you take a WW trip from the perspective of enjoying the boat ride, and if you DO see whales, it's a bonus, you won't be disappointed.

re: A day in Victoria
Here's all you need to know:
http://www.victoriaclipper.com/

I highly endorse the Butchart Gardens recommendation. They are spectacular if you're into flowers/plants/park-like setting w/fountains, etc. Summer should be great time of year for flowers in bloom. Probably a 3.5-4.0 hr trip. It's a ways out of town as I recall -- about a 30-45 minute tour bus ride.

Restaurants around Seattle:
* Salty's at Alki Beach - wonderful view of Seattle from accross the Sound. Casual to dressy. Not pretentious. Specializes in seafood, but a varied menu.
* Palisade - another wonderful view of Seattle from a different direction. Again, casual to dressy. Not pretentious. Specializes in seafood, but a varied menu. My favorite.
* Palimino - Downtown. Italian.
* McCormick and Schmicks - Downtown. Seafood, but varied menu.
* Daniel's Broiler (near downtown). Killer steaks, beef, prime rib.

Touristy stuff:
* Seattle monorail is out of service, unfortunately.
* Downtown Seattle: Lots of shopping, clean and safe.
* Seattle Center (where the Space Needle is) - Large, park like setting, pretty fountain, Children's Museum.
* Space Needle - trip to the top. On a summer day, the view should be awesome. It's a pretty spendy elevator ride, though, but IMO worth it for the view if it's not cloudy. Cocktails and relatively spendy fast food available.
* Space Needle Restaurant - Pretty fancy. Rotates once/hour. Dressy and limited menu, but good food.
* Experience Music Project (EMP) - If you're into music (history) or playing musical instrments, this is an exceptionally cool place. Hendrix, Beatles, Stones, Elvis, Sinatra -- the whole nine yards.
* Safeco Field - 5 minutes from downtown. If you're into Major League Baseball, this is a very nice ballpark and the fans are polite vs. other parks I've visited. Food/refreshments are spendy, e.g., $6 for a beer. If nothing else, check out the street vendors on the day of a game. Some of the food is to die for. (You can take peanuts into the game, but not beverages or other food.)
* Seattle Art Museum - Downtown Seattle. Lots of art of all kinds.
* Pike Place Market - Downtown. A simply amazing place, esp. the fish and fresh produce markets. Zillions of shops. Free, unless you buy stuff!
* Boeing Museum of Flight - Near downtown (about 20 minutes or so). If you're into planes, jets, 'copters, space craft, this is a dream come true.

Hope this gives you some ideas and the weather cooperates.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching