Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photography Both digital and film. Discussions about cameras, gear, exposure, technique, and sharing your photography

Help! Newbie just got a wedding at a CClub

Old 07-02-2005, 12:57 PM
In my last post I mentioned Kraellin when I actually meant Mike. Apologies everyone.

I assume they have seen your sample album and booked you from this. If you want to try something different then by all means do but you must include the photos in your sample album and in a similar form. You may feel this is limiting your creativity but this is what you have shown them and to some extent this is what they will be expecting. If you include something different in your proofs then they can choose what they want in the album.

If you want to change your style then you should change your sample album first.

I have to agree with everything Kraellin has said except the for the big reliance upon Photoshop.

And that’s only the start of your problems with moving group shots taken inside with flash to an outside background.

Photoshop should be used to enhance good pictures Not to repair bad pictures.

If you are taking a 12x24 background with you then this should make the background changes easier. But I don’t think trying to move them to an outside location is a good idea. Moving them to St. Petersburg cathedral is much better.

All you need now is confidence.

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-02-2005, 11:48 PM

I will include something different in my proofs, that would be the only way to introduce a gradual change in style.

Taking a background with me to the reception seems like too much trouble, thats what a studio is for. If this was a church directory then of course but I will only be for about 5-6 hours and I think Craig was just kidding about St. Petersburg cathedral, remember I'm short on backgrounds too.

I have to make due with what is there and the fairgrounds are beautiful, guess I'm gonna wing it. Do the walking away and back towards the camera, standing in place and jumping, twirling around, a lot of close-ups of them both and individuals then throw in few putters at low angles.

I do agree with Craig that photoshop is a must, after all most prints would look less than brilliant without it. To enhance means just that, I don't believe any of us would send a print without some sort of manipulation or retouching. Past masters either relied on their lab or their own darkroom for those great prints, photoshop is the new darkroom.

About confidence, that is being provided through the interaction here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photography